Anambas, Riau Islands, Indonesia
Best For: Families.
Paradise Sun offers a daily entertainment programme plus a complimentary weekly sunset cruise.
The Low Down
Set in tropical gardens brimming with palm trees and blooming hibiscus, Paradise Sun on the stunning island of Praslin offers low-rise wooden rooms in-keeping with the traditional Creole style. From breakfast poolside to lunch on the beach and dinner with the ocean lapping against St Pierre Beach Restaurant, cuisine at Paradise Sun is a menu of Creole-inspired, always-fresh, familiar-favourites and Seychelles flavours. From oven hot pizza to ocean fresh sashimi and from jungle picked fruits to French style pastries, dining with us at our Praslin restaurant is a plate to remember. Creole warmth, garden-fresh cuisine, endless jungle and underwater exploring make Paradise Sun hotel on Praslin in the Seychelles a place for family, romance, adventure or simply a wish-you-were-here dream island getaway.
The Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary afternoon tea.
The Reasons To Go
- Bawah is the first island in Indonesia to be powered by a renewable microgrid.
- Bawah is an official marine conservation area in which fishing, anchoring and collection of any marine life is forbidden; as a result, fish and coral reefs flourish in the lagoons making it a great spot for snorkeling and diving.
- Bawah offer a range of their own brand natural, plant-based products made in Indonesia to international standards. Sun block, aftersun and lip balm are available for sale from the Bawah Trading Post, the boutique.
- You can do as much or as little as you wish at Bawah Reserve. Create your own adventure - each experience is completely customizable.
- At Bawah, you can hike the many trails available, indulge in epic spa experiences or take to the water on a paddleboard, kayak etc – choices here are endless!
- There are no TVs to distract or remind you of the real world. (Wifi is available)
The Nitty Gritty
Lining the south-facing coast of the reserve, the chic bamboo tented beach and deluxe suites are steps from the pristine sandy beach. Nestled behind the beach suites our garden suites offer the perfect jungle luxe. The crème de la crème comes in the form for the Overwater Bungalow, set above the turquoise-blue lagoon; perfect for spectacular panorama views of the archipelago.
Bawah is located in the remote Indonesian Anambas archipelago, a 4-½ hour trip (door to door) from Singapore. Bawah currently operates a flight 7 days per week.
- Getting there:
No arrival to an island is as thrilling as via seaplane! Your journey starts in Singapore, where you will be collected from your hotel, airport or residence by the Bawah chauffeur. The travel coordinator will escort you by ferry and car to Batam International Airport, where you will board the Bawah private seaplane for a smooth 80-minute journey, landing on Bawah Reserve’s spectacular lagoon in front of your suite.
- What to pack:
pack for the tropics – you’ll need little more than a sarong or swimsuit. Free laundry is provided daily so resist the urge to over pack and remember, it’s hot all year round so there’s no need for a coat or jumper.
There are three restaurant and bars available at Bawah – Tree Tops, featuring International and Indonesian staples for breakfast, lunch and dinner; The Grouper Beach Bar, a social hub with a chill lounge vibe, offering everything from coffee to cocktails, ambient music to aperitifs; and finally, the low-lit Jules Verne bar, serving some of the best margarita’s in Malaysia.
Aura Spa & Wellness offers an extensive menu of traditional therapies as well as complementary wellness treatments. From traditional to local body treatments, facial cleanses and detox programs, Aura offers a natural and luxurious setting.
- Signature Activities:
Make sure you spend an evening snuggled up under a blanket for movie night in the open-air cinema. Do you like the water? Then try snorkeling in the blue pristine lagoon at Bawah Reserve, where you can meet starfish and turtles.
The Housekeeping Rules
- All rates include taxes and service charges.
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children between the ages of 5 - 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is chargeable at USD$450 per child / per day when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable. Children under 5 not allowed.
- Rates do not include transfers from Singapore/Batam airports.
- Due to weight restrictions on the seaplane, guests are only permitted to taker 15kg of luggage per person, including hand luggage. Excess luggage can be stored.
- All credits cards are accepted on Bawah. If you would prefer to pay with cash, please pay in Indonesian Rupiah.
- According to requirements by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB), every travel agency has to inform their clients to consider purchasing travel insurance against failure or disruption in the provision of travel product arising out of any insolvency of the Travel Agent.
At just two degrees north of the Equator, Bawah Reserve has a tropical climate with average daily temperatures ranging from 26° – 29° Centigrade.
The Finer Details
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 30mins upon Arrival & Departure & 60 mins of spa daily
- Lunch on departure day
- All non-alcoholic beverages including tea, coffee, soft water and fresh juices
- In room minibar – non alcoholic beverages
- Daily laundry service (note there is no dry cleaning on island)
- Activities (paddle board, kayaking, sailing, snorkelling, hiking, open air cinema, permaculture tour, star gazing, art classes, architecture tour, sunset lagoon boat tour)
- Group classes of Yoga, Pilates, meditation and movement
The Best Room For You
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
27C 27C 28C 29C 29C 29C
10 6 9 11 11 9
JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
28C 28C 27C 27C 27C 27C
10 10 10 11 13 15
Average Room Rates in AED
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
6538 6538 6538 7272 6538 6538
JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
6538 7272 6538 6538 6538 7272