Best for babies and newborns
New parents can lap up the relaxed vibes of these luxury resorts with peace of mind that their little ones will be welcomed with open arms.
the Low Down
Hidden among the rolling hills of Tuscany sits COMO Castello Del Nero, Tuscany — in easy driving distance of the Renaissance cities of Florence and Siena. At the heart of this historic 740-acre estate is a twelfth-century castle layered with Renaissance frescoes and contemporary design, with interiors by Paola Navone. The resort offers both decadent and casual dining experiences with estate-to-table Tuscan produce, as well as excellent wellness therapies at COMO Shambhala Retreat.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive daily complimentary shuttle services to Florence and Sienna.
The Best Room For You
- The COMO Castello del Nero is in Italy’s world-famous Chianti wine region – perfect for afternoons spent wine tasting
- There is a Michelin-starred restaurant at the hotel called La Torre restaurant, overseen by Giovanni Luca Di Pirro
- All the hotel’s aesthetic are executed in consultation with the Italian Fine Art Commission, in order to retain the deeply authentic historic texture of the property
- COMO Castello Del Nero’s 740-acre estate has long been the site of traditional Tuscan agricultural activity. The estate’s vineyard, olive groves and bee hives are still in active use and supply the kitchens with superior Tuscan produce
- The team source most of their fresh ingredients from their organic kitchen garden, and from local farmer
At the property’s heart stands a twelfth-century property with 50 rooms and suites with interiors by Milanese designer, Paola Navone. Navone has introduced a light and modern ‘COMO’ aesthetic, to complement and enhance the period architecture of the property, without losing any of the deeply authentic historic texture.
COMO Castello Del Nero, Tuscany, is a 740-acre, historic estate in the world-famous Chianti wine region of Italy — and COMO’s first property in continental Europe. The Renaissance cities of Florence and Siena are bothwithin a 30-minute drive whilst hiking, biking and carefully guided cultural excursions are available on your doorstep.
- Getting there:
Aeroporto di Firenze-Peretola is approximately a 30-minute transfer by car. Trains from Rome Termini and Milano Centrale to Florence’s Santa Maria Novella station take approximately 1.5 hours. Transfer by car to Castello Del Nero will take around 30 minutes from the train station
- What to pack:
Make sure you have comfortable clothing for site seeing, wine drinking and hiking. Swimsuits and something snazzy for dinner are also recommended.
- Restaurants:There are three places to eat at COMO Castello Del Nero, ranging from the Michelin-starred La Torre, to the casually informal La Taverna along with the outdoor option in the summer months of Pavilion. Each dining venue uses carefully sourced produce from around the Tuscan region to produce nourishing and flavoursome cuisine
COMO Shambhala Retreat can also be found at COMO Castello Del Nero, Tuscany, offering therapeutic treatments including massage, yoga and Guinot facials. Thermal suites offer a revitalising experience, with an invigorating ice fountain, gentle sauna, aromatic steam room and heated vitality pool. There is a 25-metre heated outdoor pool (open only during summer) along with a gym, pilates and yoga studio and also a relaxation area.
- Signature Activities:
SCOMO Castello Del Nero is set deep in the rolling hills of Chianti, equidistant from the jewel cities of Florence and Siena where you can discover some of the world’s best galleries, architecture and shopping. Tuscany is also world-renowned for its vineyards and enchanting hillside towns which can be easily explored from the hotel (hit up the concierge teams for tailor made tours). In addition to cultural tours and excursions around Tuscany, you will be able to immerse yourself in Tuscan culture with a range of experiences that take place at the hotel — from cooking classes and truffle hunting to stargazing and wine tastings.
- The room rate is subject to a city tax of EUR 4.00 per person per night for the first 4 nights (children under 14 years are excluded). City tax is subject to change.
- Children under the age of 5 complimentary. Children from 6 to 11 45,00 per night, children from 11 years 90,00€ per night
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Shuttles to and from Florence or Siena (according to day and schedule)
- Access to COMO Shambhala Retreat, complimentary yoga class at set days and times
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Rates are based on double room, including breakfast and inclusive of taxes
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…