BEST FOR BABIES AND NEWBORNS
NEW PARENTS CAN LAP UP THE RELAXED VIBES OF THESE LUXURY RESORTS WITH PEACE OF MIND THAT THEIR LITTLE ONES WILL BE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS
the Low Down
COMO Cocoa Island is located in the Maldives’ South Malé atoll. Diving is some of the best in the world with two private house reefs. Rooms are inspired by local dhoni boats in bleached wood with kajan roofs and are reached via planked walkways stretching out into the warm lagoon. There is a COMO Shambhala Retreat dedicated to renewing body and soul plus an array of restaurants honouring nature and featuring seafood and organic vegetables in exciting, healthful combinations showcasing a blend of European and Indian flavours.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive daily yoga, a 60-minute COMO Shambhala massage for two persons plus in-room sunset canapés and cocktails experience for two persons on your evening of choice.
The Best Room For You
- COMO Cuisine incorporates organic ingredients rich in living enzymes, vitamins and sea minerals while still delivering on flavour. The menu showcases dishes that are raw, steamed or grilled for maximum health benefits and the chefs also make ample use of the tandoor, a type of Indian oven allowing for fat-free cooking whilst introducing a wonderful charcoal flavour – this unique collection of dishes allows for a mid-holiday detox, a day of juicing, or a holiday on a tailored meal plan.
- COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Cocoa Island offers holistic, Asian-inspired treatments with views of the Indian Ocean. It is the embodiment of a philosophy for healthy living that COMO Shambhala has successfully refined at its award-winning retreats all over the world. There are eight overwater ocean-facing treatment rooms, steam rooms, a pool and an open-air yoga pavilion – all enveloped by blue horizons and gentle sea breezes.
- Halal food is available at all restaurants.
- COMO Cocoa Island produce their own water and bottling process at the property in order to not use plastic water bottles.
- The hotel is at the end of an atoll with a kilometre long sandbank connected to the island.
- COMO Cocoa Island is the only local boat (Dhoni) shaped, all over water accommodation in the Maldives.
- The crème de la crème is the COMO Villa offering amazing views of the expansive lagoon and sandbank. One of the villas offers the spectacular sight of the Maldivian sunrise, while the other villa overlooks the house reef and is a perfect spot to watch the sunset. Both the king-size and twin-bed rooms have an en suite bathroom with double vanity, island bath, separate walk-in shower, an outdoor shower and private sundeck. The spacious living room offers striking views of the turquoise lagoon through full-length windows.
Each of the 33 suites and villas – which include eight Dhoni Suites, nine Dhoni Loft Suites, ten Loft Villas, four One-Bedroom Villas and two Two-Bedroom COMO Villas – sit offshore on the southern side of Cocoa, overhanging the lagoon.
- Location/Getting there:
COMO Cocoa Island is a 40-minute speedboat transfer south of Malé International Airport
- What to pack:
Light clothing and lots of swimwear! There is no dress code on the island.
COMO Cocoa Island has two restaurants, Ufaa and the Faru Bar. Open all day, Ufaa features European dishes in addition to a blend of Indian and Mediterranean traditions, with an emphasis on locally caught seafood and fresh produce.
- Signature Activities:
Private picnic on the deserted COMO Cocoa Island sand and sunset cruise watching dolphins at play and flying fish skirt across the water
COMO Shambhala spa provides holistic wellness and Asian-inspired therapies, including signature massages, facials and reflexology.
The wellness area offers healing traditions from Asia with natural therapies from earth and ocean, honed by international health consultants. It is a holistic approach coupled with expert yoga tuition, which includes week-long retreat weeks led by world-renowned specialists.
- All rates are subject to 10% service charge, 12% GST and a $6 green tax per person per night (Government taxes are subject to change).
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable.
- Babysitting: Babysitting services are available on request basis and require an advance notice of 24 hours.
The Maldives are a year-round destination with a near constant temperature of 86°F (30°C). The water temperature remains steady, never falling below 77°F (25°C) and reaching 84°F (29°C) during high season. However, the islands are tropical and therefore also subject to two distinct seasons, or monsoons. April is a transitional time between these two seasons and is known for the clear water, which is appealing to divers. The iruvai (northeast monsoon) is hot and dry and runs from December to April, making this the official high season when the islands enjoy little rain and low humidity. Rain is more likely from May to November (during hulghangu, or southwest monsoon), making this the official low season.
- Daily breakfast (with option to upgrade to Half Board, Full Board & Spa Inclusive Half Board, all available to book with The Peaks)
- Free usage of the hydrotherapy pool, gym and sauna
- Bicycles are available free for use within the resort
- Complimentary yoga classes (six days a week)
- Complimentary pranayama and meditation classes (twice a week)
- Complimentary access to non-motorized water sports (Snorkeling, Sailing, Surfing, SUPs, Kayak among others)
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Rates for the periods 1st to 10th January and 20th to 31st December are not included. All rates are based on double room inclusive of daily breakfast for two and are subject to 23.2% tax and green tax of US$ 6 per person, per night
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…