epic For all ages
the Low Down
Accessed by a 60-minute seaplane journey from the islands’ capital, Malé COMO Maalifushi, the first and only resort to open on the unspoilt Thaa Atoll, greets you with jungle greens, palm trees and tropical feels, complete with stunning panoramic views across white sands and crystal-clear seas. As well as being perfect for a romantic getaway, the island is ideal for families. The ultimate experience for little ones comes in the form of a sunset cruise with a twist, as the team set off in search of dolphin pods migrating through the Thaa Atoll. Once in the open water, you can hop onto COMO’s dhoni’s splash net and experience the thrill of being towed safely through the ocean.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive daily yoga, a 60-minute COMO Shambhala massage for two persons plus in-room sunset canapés and cocktails experience for two persons on your evening of choice.
The Best Room For You
- COMO is moving towards 100% elimination of single use plastic by 2020. COMO Maalifushi has also installed solar panels on almost all back-of-house buildings in an effort to reduce carbon emission.
- COMO Cuisine incorporates organic ingredients rich in living enzymes, vitamins and sea minerals while still delivering on flavour. The menu showcases dishes that are raw, steamed or grilled for maximum health benefits and the chefs also make ample use of the tandoor, a type of Indian oven allowing for fat-free cooking whilst introducing a wonderful charcoal flavour – this unique collection of dishes allows for a mid-holiday detox, a day of juicing, or a holiday on a tailored meal plan
- COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Maalifushi offers holistic, Asian-inspired treatments with views of the Indian Ocean. It is the embodiment of a philosophy for healthy living that COMO Shambhala has successfully refined at its award-winning retreats all over the world. There are eight overwater ocean-facing treatment rooms, steam rooms, a pool and an open-air yoga pavilion – all enveloped by blue horizons and gentle sea breezes.
- Halal food is available at all restaurants
- The hotel is surrounded by nothing but beautiful blue ocean thanks to the fact that it is the only hotel on the Thaa Atoll
- Oversized and fitted with two-bedrooms, the crème de la crème, The COMO Villa sits on the water’s edge, featuring a private pool and stunning sundeck. With a choice of three sitting rooms, ample outdoor space, a private pool, a bathtub that is pretty much in the sea plus a walk-in wardrobe, this villa is quite literally a Maldivian dream!
- COMO Maalifushi Maldives is surrounded by vibrant marine life for diving, snorkelling and fishing.
- Some of the Maldives best-regarded surf breaks are also close by, with expert tuition on hand during the season
COMO Maalifushi’s accommodation includes 33 overwater villas and suites, and 32 beach villas, suites and garden rooms, all built of yellow balau with Kajan thatched roofs, referencing indigenous architecture while remaining elegantly pared back to reflect the island’s calming setting. Whilst the stunning overwater suites and villas are built off wooden walkways that stand above the shallow lagoon, each has its own private terrace and pool. The garden villas and suites are set within the folds of the island’s lush tropical vegetation — yet still only twenty steps from the beach’s high tide mark.
- Location/Getting there:
COMO Maalifushi is located in the turquoise waters of the Maldives’ southerly Thaa Atoll, just a 60-minute seaplane flight from Male International Airport, or a 45-minute seaplane flight from sister property, COMO Cocoa Island.
- What to pack:
Light clothing and lots of swimwear! There is no dress code on the island.
The hotel offers three dining options: Madi restaurant serves a selection of international, Maldivian and healthy COMO Shambhala Cuisine; Thila pool and lounge bar specialises in salads, pizzas and wood-baked seafood; Tai serves Japanese- inspired sashimi and sushi and features an ocean-facing cocktail bar.
COMO Shambhala spa provides holistic wellness and Asian-inspired therapies, including signature massages, facials and reflexology. Eight treatment rooms, some of them double, are set over the water with views across the Indian Ocean.
- Signature Activities:
The range of activities include sunset and dolphin cruises, fishing, snorkeling and sailing.
The resort has an open-air yoga pavilion offering complimentary daily classes, a large pool, relaxation area and spa boutique selling COMO Shambhala’s popular bodycare products and Active Living Collection. Private yoga tuition and guided pranayama meditation is available. There is also a gym with cardio equipment and weights.
- All rates are subject to 10% service charge, 12% GST and a $6 green tax per person per night (Government taxes are subject to change).
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable.
- Kids Club: Play by COMO Space is designed to inspire purposeful and creative play for children aged four to 12, with carefully selected toys, books, games and art materials.
- Complimentary daily breakfast, lunch and dinner for two children under the age of 12 (per room from kids menu)
- Complimentary shared seaplane transfers for two children below the age of 12 years (per room)
The Maldives are a year-round destination with a near constant temperature of 86°F (30°C). The water temperature remains steady, never falling below 77°F (25°C) and reaching 84°F (29°C) during high season. However, the islands are tropical and therefore also subject to two distinct seasons, or monsoons. April is a transitional time between these two seasons and is known for the clear water, which is appealing to divers. The iruvai (northeast monsoon) is hot and dry and runs from December to April, making this the official high season when the islands enjoy little rain and low humidity. Rain is more likely from May to November (during hulghangu, or southwest monsoon), making this the official low season.
- Daily breakfast (with option to upgrade to Half Board, Full Board & Spa Inclusive Half Board, all available to book with The Peaks)
- Free usage of gym and sauna
- Bicycles are available free for use within the resort.
- Daily complimentary yoga.
- Complimentary access to non-motorised water sports (Snorkeling, Sailing, Surfing, SUPs, Kayak among others)
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Rates for the periods 1st to 10th January and 20th to 31st December are not included. All rates are based on double room inclusive of daily breakfast for two and are subject to 23.2% tax and green tax of US$ 6 per person, per night
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…