epic for all ages
A romantic hideaway on a luxury island where you can focus on food, wine and relaxation.
the Low Down
Designed by architectural mastermind Jean Marc Eynaud and designed David Edwards, Constance Prince Maurice is where style, space and architectural designs create the perfect hotel lifestyle. Spend your days in tranquillity amidst the lush tropical greenery or by the infinity pool, everything about the design of the resort instils a sense of peace. By night the structure of the hotel glows from the warm lighting positioned to harmonise with the natural surroundings. Beds stand high above floor level to help the circulation of Qi; internal concrete columns are used to create the concentration of energy in the centre of the Archipel restaurant. 15 minutes away from the airport via helicopter, Prince Maurice allows guests to enjoy unspoiled luxury between lake and lagoon and let the everyday simply slip away.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival as well as complimentary non-motorised watersports, bicycles and tennis courts.
The Best Room For You
- With a wine cellar compromising of over 25,000 wine bottles, you’ll literally be spoilt for choice. The cellar includes a dedicated area for wine tasting including cheese and delicatessen cupboards making it a favourite for wine lovers.
- Enjoy Mauritian fine dining and aperitifs in the floating bar and restaurant
- Look out from your helicopter and gaze on to the underwater waterfall illusion
- Nightly live entertainment from the Laguna Bar
- Exclusive spa treatment selections created especially for the Prince Maurice including exotic Phyto-Aromatic treatments, medical chiropody and massage rituals from around the world.
- Experience kite surfing across the Indian ocean
There are 89 villas and suites in total ranging from the Junior Suites to the Princely Villa. The tastefully furnished suites and villas are decorated with opulent fabrics, wood accents and spacious marble bathrooms: a lovely balance between functionality and elegance.
An exclusive 60-hectare private peninsula in the tranquil North-Eastern corner of Mauritius, the hotel is set in a stunning location, between lake and lagoon.
- Getting there:
There are direct flights daily from across the Middle East. The hotel is a 60 minute drive from the airport and 15 minutes by helicopter from the airport. Taxis or hotel shuttle can transport you to the hotel which is 35km from the capital Port Louis. Limousine and helicopter transfers are available on request (there is a helipad on site).
- What to pack:
Sunglasses, a swimsuit, something snazzy and perhaps a scarf for the breeze in the evenings. For breakfast and lunch, swimwear, sleeveless T-shirts and sarongs are not accepted in the restaurants. For dinner, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sandals and sports shoes are not allowed in the restaurants.
L’Archipel is the main restaurant overlooking the pool and the beach offering a la carte menus with light Mauritian-influenced gourmet food and themed buffet dinners. The unique floating seafood restaurant Le Barachois opens for dinner only, it is reached via a wooden pathway and comprises of five decks overlooking the lagoon with an unspoiled view of the mountain ranges off in the distance. Asian restaurant, as the name suggests, offers a delectable selection of sushi, maki, dim-sum and other Asian specialities. After your scrumptious feast, head to either Laguna Bar, Lotus Lounge Bar, Barachois’ Floating Bar or the Wine Cellar for a perfect atmosphere and an expertly crafted thirst-quenching concoction.
The elegant U Spa by Constance at Prince Maurice is set in a tranquil corner of the gardens and centred around a stone courtyard with a calming heated pool. The highly skilled team are at your disposal to help you decide which treatments are best suited to your needs. You will also receive a Spa Experience Card, so the team can keep a note of your wellness goals and preferences and customise your treatments accordingly.
- Signature activities:
Taste one of our 25,000 wine bottles in the Indian Ocean’s largest wine cellar.
Take a free 5 minute shuttle over to the neighbouring Constance resorts ‘Legend’ and ‘Links’ golf courses.
Enjoy a fine dinner in a floating bar and restaurant, Le Barachois – unique in the Indian Ocean.
Experience kite surfing with friends and family
- Cancellation Policy (off peak season) Up to 7 days prior to arrival no charges will apply. From 7 to 1 days 50% of total stay will be charged. No show will be charged in full.
- Cancellation Policy (peak season) Up to 30 days prior to arrival no charges will apply. From 30 to 1 days 50 % of total stay will be charged. No show will be charged in full.
- Deposit Policy: 50% to be charged upon confirmation. 50% to be paid on arrival.
Note: between the period of the 27th December 2020 and 6th January 2021 (incl) there is a policy of 3 nights minimum stay.
- There is a green tax of USD 6 per person per night to be paid at the hotel which isn’t included in the rate. However, rates do include GST and service charge of 22%.
Christmas Supplement – 160 € per adult and 65 € per child (7 to 12 years)
New Year’s Eve Supplement – 315 € per adult and 95 € per child (7 to 12 years)
- Children Policy: Children up to 6 years stay free of charge sharing parents bed. Children between 7 – 12 years pay 110 € per day on Bed and Breakfast, 145 € per day on Half Board, 90 € per day on All Inclusive. Children in separate rooms receive 10% further discount applicable to all rates except Honeymoon Offer.
- Kids Club: Young guests ages 4-11 are invited to unleash their spirit and adventure at Constance Kids Club. Fully trained and enthusiastic coordinators will lead trips of island exploration, local crafts, culinary activities and scavenger hunts to name a few that will engage with their exciting, exotic holiday location.
- Babysitting: There are no babysitting services
Mauritius knows two climates – summer and winter. Summer is from November to April and it can be considered as high season. Peak season in Mauritius is in December and January, these months are the hottest and most humid of the year and there is increased chance of cyclones during this time. In winter you will not have a lot of rainfall, because it is the dry season, however the temperatures stay below 30 degrees.
- Daily breakfast (with option to upgrade to Half Board, Full Board & Spa Inclusive Half Board, all available to book with The Peaks)
- Free usage of the state of the art Technogym equipment at the fitness center & gym, 9 holes putting green at the Avalon Golf Estate, tennis courts and jogging track.
- Bicycles are available free for use within the Resort for a maximum of 2 hours per day.
- Complimentary access to non-motorised water sports (Snorkeling, Sailing, Surfing, SUPs, Zayaks, Kayaking among others) at the Boat House.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…