the Low Down
Offering a cool climate year round, all the tea you can drink plus chic yet comfortable styling, Goatfell is a heaven in the hills of Sri Lanka surrounded by rolling mountains and all the green you could ever wish for! The cosy, colonial-inspired bungalow offers historic charm mixed with 21st century comfort including a butler service, roaring fire places and some of the best Sri Lankan food we have ever tasted. Beyond the bungalow, the temples and terraces of Nuwara Eliya are waiting to be explored.
the Peaks Promise
complimentary experienceEach booking will receive complimentary sunset cocktails at the bungalow view point.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Spectacular setting & views: The Kandapola area is one of Sri Lanka’s most spectacular plantation regions, and it promises superb mountain/forest/tea estate panoramas.
- Can be booked exclusively: Groups of up to 8 adults & 2 children can take over the hotel on an exclusive basis.
- High-end butler service: Dedicated butlers provide a seamless and highly personalised experience to enable guests to relax, feel at home and make the most of their stay.
- All-inclusive rates: All food, drink (including house spirits, wine & beers), afternoon tea, snacks and soft drinks are included in the rate.
- Every property donates a part of revenue to the Teardrop CARE fund.
There are 3 large double bedrooms with four-poster king size beds and 1 twin bedroom. All rooms are equipped with custom designed furnishings and have an en-suite bathroom with bathtub as well as a private veranda. The twin room has the option of interconnecting with a neighbouring double bedroom to make a Family Suite.
Located amidst the working Concordia Tea Estate and within strolling distance to Finlay’s Tea Factory, the luxury tea bungalow in Kandapola’s elevated surroundings basks in glorious hill country views. The enveloping tea hills, waterfalls and heart-stopping panoramas are a walkers’ paradise. The bungalow is located 30 minutes’ drive from the town of Nuwara Eliya.
- Getting there:
You can drive up to the bungalow via a car or alternatively travel by train through the scenic tea plantations and arrive at Nanu Oya Train Station (in Nuwara Eliya) and be picked up by their team, or land at Gregory’s Lake in Nuwara Eliya via a Sea Plane from Colombo.
- What to pack:
Make sure you pack some warmer clothes due to the cooler climates in the mountains. Also pack some walking shoes for hiking through the tea plantations.
The kitchen at Goatfell serves locally sourced, freshly cooked food. The butlers make you feel at home by mixing your favourite drinks, serving afternoon tea in the garden and gourmet meals in the cosy indoor dining room or outside on the veranda throughout the day. Rates are all inclusive, so expect to tuck into a hearty breakfast followed by a ‘Planter’s Lunch’ – a selection of daily curries – before moving onto afternoon tea and later, an a la carte dinner. Snacks and drinks, including your favourite tipples, best enjoyed beside the warm crackling fireplace of the comfortable sitting room, are also included in the daily rate.
- Signature Activities:
Take a trek and bicycle ride along the tea estates or take part in a Sri Lankan cookery demonstration in the garden.
- All rates are subject to 30.08% government services and VAT
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 2 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable. For ages 3-8, there is a supplement of USD 60 per child.
- Guests will dine on an all-inclusive basis which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited alcohol, juices, drinks and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi, heaters, hot water bottles etc
- Rates also include a credit coupon of USD 50 per room that can be used for any in-house excursions
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…