Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha, Sri Lanka
An adult-only adventure in Sri Lanka
the Low Down
Set amidst the palm fringed jungle and tea plantations of southern Sri Lanka, Kahanda Kanda is a hidden gem where culture, wellness and luxury combine. The boutique hotel in Sri Lanka offers 12 individually designed villas (5 with private pools) to relax and unwind, just a short tuk-tuk ride from the UNESCO world heritage site Galle Fort.
the Peaks Promise
complimentary experienceEach booking will receive an escorted bike ride to Handungoda white virgin tea plantation as well as a guided tea tour
the Peaks Purse
60 USD to spend at the resort on whatever you wish!
The Best Room For You
- Kahanda Kanda is the only luxury boutique hotel located in a working tea plantation as well as being just 8 km away from the beach
- The hotel is located 17.5 km away from UNESCO world heritage site Galle Fort and 20 km away from Mirissa, which is inhabited by one of largest blue whale colonies in the world
- Kahanda Kanda offers a combination of Sri Lankan traditions and British standards
- Each villa is in a stand-alone building, except for the Garden and Tea suites, thus ensuring maximum privacy and a peaceful surrounding
- The pool at KK is 20 metres long, with an infinity edge overlooking Koggala Lake
- With stunning views over the tea estate, there is a range of gym equipment and weights for those who want to work out, with or without a trainer.
The 12 bespoke villas are inspired by local culture, featuring elegant art and antiques within each of the spacious rooms and gardens – a sanctuary where you can indulge in serenity, privacy and personalised five-star service.
The hotel is located along Sri Lanka’s southern coast, near Thalpe.
- Getting there:
Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport is 150km away from the hotel. Flights arrive daily on both Emirates and Sri Lankan Airlines.
- What to pack:
Light and comfortable clothing plus plenty of swimwear.
Healthy food is a focus at Kahanda Kanda and the team only use fruits, vegetables and herbs grown on the estate, supplemented with a selection of the freshest local produce to create simple, fusion dishes and classic Sri Lankan. Two of the three resident chefs have trained in Thailand and offer a mouth-watering range of Thai dishes at the on-site restaurant.
The hotel has a small spa nestled in amongst the tea plantation, with a view to die for. Mani-pedis can also be arranged on request. All spa therapists are male, but if you prefer a female therapist please let the hotel know and they’ll try to arrange for you.
- Signature Activities:
Want to discover the secrets of Sri Lankan rice and curry. The team offer customized classes, where you can learn how to prepare a variety of dishes, and you chose what dishes – either Sri Lankan, Thai or Western cuisine.
- All rates are subject to 19.08% VAT and Service Charge
- The hotel has a strict no child policy. Children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated at Kahanda Kanda.
- Daily breakfast
- Free usage of Gym
- Bicycles are available free for use within the resort.
- Free Tuk Tuk transfers to KK Beach
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…