People who want a bit of peace and a bit of party!
the Low Down
Offering a spectrum of marine life, gorgeous villas and delicious culinary options, LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort and its surroundings are everything you want from a trip to the Maldives plus the little things you’d never expect. Situated on one of the largest Islands in the Maldives, expect 4 kilometres of white sandy beaches and charming water villas perched upon the ocean, villas are super spacious as well as being wonderfully designed with beach house chic vibes. The resort pride themselves on the array of activities available so there’s no risk of getting bored and you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to wining and dining with their 8 restaurants and 5 bars. The charms of the island and the underwater delights leave you wishing you had booked for longer.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary Treasure Hunt experience
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- So many daily activities are included in your stay, take advantage of the hidden treasure experience and find one of the 25 hidden bottles with prizes hidden inside (perhaps a massage in the LUX* ME Spa), the Tree of Wishes where making a wish can win you a holiday at one of the resorts, or use the ‘Old English’ phone boxes to make a call home for free.
- As one of the few family-friendly resorts in the Maldives, separate clubs for kids and teens keep them occupied or you can make use of the family activities on offer, including snorkeling, kayaking, tennis and beach volleyball, in addition to water sports and diving.
- A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort’s unblemished lagoon is a dream for keen divers. Even though there is no house reef, there are plenty of excellent diving spots just a few minutes away by boat.
- The hotel has an environmental policy of zero plastic on the island as well as the world’s largest solar system panel overwater and coral planting
- Daytime chilled tunes accompany light bites and cool drinks at Beach Rouge, the perfect spot for a sundowner. After dusk, a floating dance floor with unique seating areas provide the ultimate place to party and enjoy.
- Time and time again LUX South Ari Atoll resort are hailed for their impeccable and friendly service and second home vibes.
- A range of healthy menus from vegan, vegetarian, nutritional food and the freshest ingredients will all contribute to a healthy holiday, without the loss of fantastic flavours of Maldives.
- Upon arrival you can take a complimentary Body Balance Analysis, where you will learn about your body and what is recommended to aid you on an exploration of fitness regimes, including yoga and spa treatments.
- For those who prefer a more active experience, there are two infinity pools, floodlit tennis courts and a Technogym fitness centre.
The resort has 193 villas with 4 room categories situated either on the 4km of white sandy beach or perched upon the dazzling Maldivian waters.
The only resort you will find nestled on the perfect postcard picture island of Dhidhoofinolhu, 104 km from Male.
- Getting there:
The island is 25 minutes by seaplane or 20 minutes by domestic flight plus a 10-minute speedboat transfer.
- What to pack:
This laid-back resort has no dress code so we recommend plenty of swimwear and light clothing suitable for the humidity.
Believing that ‘take it or leave it’ shouldn’t be the only two choices on the menu, LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas give you perhaps the most precious gift of all – choice. LUX* South Ari Atoll boasts eight eateries and five bars. East Market is a sophisticated take on a bustling local night market. Umami offers fine dining from separate sushi, teppanyaki and robata counters as well as the Maldives’ largest selection of sakes and Japanese whiskeys. Allegria, Senses and MIXE highlight international palettes and Beach Rouge introduces a fashionable beach club to the island. Expect the yummiest island-roasted coffee in Café LUX*, impromptu screenings at Cinema Paradiso and the chance to hang your hopes on the magical tree of wishes.
Winning awards in both 2018 and 2019, LUX Me Spa offers a haven of calm with 15 exclusive spa villas including 4 water treatment villas.
- Signature Activities:
Whale Shark Discovery: Board a traditional dhoni complete with their resident marine biologist and excursion host who will guide you to an up close and personal swim with the biggest fish on earth.
Fluorescent night diving: Expert guides will lead you on a fantastical journey to a place that most people never see. Equipped with a unique torchlight and filter that fits perfectly over your mask – a watery kingdom is stirred to life with fluorescent corals, fish and other marine inhabitants that appear right before your eyes – just think of the magical effects in the movie Avatar, and you’ll get the picture.
Three times a week there is a Creative workshop at Junk Art Studio & Gallery for all ages.
Take advantage of the complementary reef snorkelling, kayaking and pedal boats during your trip. Other watersports on offer at the island include windsurfing, rubber ring and banana rides, water-skiing, wakeboarding and jet-skiing for an additional fee.
For extra activities – GST 12% + Service Charge 10% is added on the bill.
All Inclusive Package includes more than 80 wines, 40 cocktails plus spirit beverages. The mini bar and 6 restaurants are also included.
No extra bed supplement for child up to 11 yrs old on Bed & Breakfast. For other meal plans – no supplement for child up to 5 yrs old.
Kids Club: The sea-facing Beach Pavilions and Villas can easily accommodate tots and teens; some even have their own private pool. A daily programme of supervised activities at the kids’ and teens’ clubs will keep them busy with tennis and scuba lessons, banana boat rides and marine life. It’s no surprise LUX* South Ari Atoll was awarded at the Maldives Travel Awards as the “Leading Family Resort” in 2015.
Babysitting: Babysitting services are available for a supplement upon request for children aged 1 year and above.
The Maldives are a year-round destination with a near constant temperature of 86°F (30°C). The water temperature remains steady, never falling below 77°F (25°C) and reaching 84°F (29°C) during high season. However, the islands are tropical and therefore also subject to two distinct seasons, or monsoons. April is a transitional time between these two seasons and is known for the clear water, which is appealing to divers. The iruvai (northeast monsoon) is hot and dry and runs from December to April, making this the official high season when the islands enjoy little rain and low humidity. Rain is more likely from May to November (during hulghangu, or southwest monsoon), making this the official low season.
On Arrival: access to our spacious private lounge at seaplane terminal in Malé, inclusive variety of drinks and snacks. Welcome drinks for guests, ice cream for kids and T-shirt, cap and bag for children at the Kids Club.
25 Message in the Bottle hidden around the island with amazing gifts
Complimentary coffee every day at Café LUX* from 06:30 to 10:30 with free pastries
45 mins private photo shooting with Photo Fanatics
Yoga and fitness sessions at the Fitness Centre
Complimentary ice cream twice a day from the ICI tricycle
Free snorkelling equipment, canoes, pedal boats & kayaks and snorkelling trips to the house reef
Access to relaxation area with pools, sauna & steam room at LUX* Me spa
Weekly Program for kids and teens on complimentary basis (selected water sports motorized activities are chargeable) as well as access to play station booth, billiard set, badminton, table tennis and board games in Studio 17
Happy Hour (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) at East Bar and Senses Lounge & Bar
Access to volleyball court and tennis courts with complimentary rackets and balls (upon availability)
Twice weekly activities;
Cinema Paradiso — open-air movies
Coffee Latte Art workshop at Café
LUX* Coffee Roasting session at Café LUX*
Participation at the Tree of Wishes and have chance to win complimentary nights at the end of the year
Once a week activities;
Marine Talk : Meet the Marine Biologist
LUX* Me Product discovery
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Rates are based on a Beach Pavillion room, Xmas and New Year rates average 5950 AED
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…