the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary 30-minute massage and a ‘cook with SALT’ activity.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- The first eco-friendly and sustainable hotel in Mauritius, zero policy on single-use plastics or food waste. The hotel only uses local suppliers and has their own organic farm to supply The Restaurant.
- Ever fancied an eco-friendly wedding? The wedding planners at SALT of Palmar have curated three wedding packages offering something different from the ordinary that will definitely peak your interest.
- The focus is local; with plenty of cultural immersion activities, skill swap platforms or flip through the guide book ‘This is Mauritius’ written by locals to really make the most of your stay on the island as well as the SALT Experience App, a mobile app to discover SALT of Palmar and Mauritius which is also used as a digital room key.
- Enjoy peace of mind in the new normal. The SALT app, which acts as a room key, can also be used to order room service. With heightened cleaning and sanitation around the hotel and in rooms, there’s also barriers in appropriate places between staff and guests, contactless check in/out, cashless payments and physical distancing rules.
- Fitness-minded folks will enjoy the workout studio which consists of cardio equipment as well as strength and fitness machines. In house they have coaches Jonathan, the national sprint champion and Steward a bodybuilding champion, for fitness tips and personal coaching.
- Enjoy a locally crafted beer or tropical cocktail crafted from local ingredients at the pool bar, rooftop bar or the beach bar and decide which bartender makes the best!
- The beautiful library has a curated collection of over 300 books mainly from Mauritian authors, you may even find a literary gem pre-placed in your room.
- Make your own adventure and hire one of their convertible cars, they’ll even equip you with a local SIM card so you don’t have to worry about getting lost!
- Foodies unite! The chefs start with the ingredients that are grown locally or on their nearby farm. They receive what the suppliers deliver and go from there for specials and everything is cooked from scratch. They don’t do waste, however they do cater to raw diets including vegan and vegetarian. Taste the specialities and you’ll see there’s something so right about eating food at its freshest in front of the ocean. If what your heart desires is not on the menu that doesn’t mean it’s not on the cards, just ask!
- The closest thing they have to a buffet is the water stations, perfectly chilled still, sparkling and alkaline taps available for guests to fill up your very own SALT aluminium bottle gifted to all guests, there’s even freshly cut fruits and herbs for you to flavour your water with.
Choose your room either within the gardens, pool side or right on the beach. Each room is kitted out with only the finest of amenities. A handmade, king size Carpe Diem bed, developed with physiotherapists, so you will get the best sleep, 100% organic cotton bedding, a rain shower in addition to a yoga mat and block. Soundtrack your stay with a Roberts radio and all-natural, locally produced toiletries.
The hotel is located on the east coast of Mauritius in the village of Belle Mare, 50 minutes from the airport.
- Getting there:
The hotel is a 45-minute taxi ride from the airport.
- What to pack:
Aside from sun lotion, swimwear and your snazziest beach wear, restaurants have a dress code for smart chic in the evening, gents pack some trousers and closed toe shoes.
The open sided restaurant serves up fresh, local and tasty meals and has absolutely no resemblance to a buffet. The herb wall and vegetable cellar show off their bounty. In the kitchen, chefs look to simple, ancient cooking methods. The wok, the tandoor oven and the charcoal grill are their trinity, and they smoke anything and everything to release and enhance flavour, marinating for hours and slow-cooking over wood overnight. For the dishes, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Mauritian flavours all play a part, but there is no fixed menu so chefs are able to create or guests are free to join in at the kitchen anytime. The SALT bakery is a contemporary café and bakery perfect for gathering, socialising and enjoying a delectable selection of homemade pastries, in a casual and comfortable setting. The rooftop bar overlooking the ocean is the perfect, relaxed aperitivo spot and there’s a dreamy selection of cocktails crafted by bartenders who were inspired by the mountains of the island. Why the mountains? Because, quite frankly, this bar’s rooftop views are something else. Hangout on the white sands of Palmar beach at The Beach Bar for freshly prepared Mauritian snacks and lagoon-inspired cocktails featuring special combinations of homegrown fruits and herbs. Alternatively, the pool bar is the place to sample all the best craft beers brewed on the island and sip cocktails inspired by the places and ingredients found on the mainland.
SALT equilibrium is the concept for wellness at the hotel. In the spa, which has the first salt room on the island, different salts bring different benefits. There’s the salt stir bar, the mix is made to fix and they offer various massages and scrubs all included salt. In its warm crystal glow, you breathe deeply while salt vapour boosts your respiratory system, skin, immunity, and energy levels.
- Signature activities:
The Mauritian great outdoors is greater than most outdoors and at SALT by Palmar, it is not taken for granted. Start the day with sunrise run club and end it with sunset swim club. Borrow a bicycle and add some biking and hiking if you like and explore neighbouring villages, temples, Flacq market, and the farm or take a Sega dance or yoga class. It’s all about moving and being in the fresh, open air, increasing focus and decreasing stress. Head to the nearby forest Shinrin-yoku or take it further with their fleet of convertible cars for hire. Independent exploration of the island’s open roads is yours and ensure you take one of their SIM cards so you can follow the map using the SALT app or guidebook.
All bookings include a 15% governmental tax
BB, Half-board, full board and All-inclusive package are available.
Kids Club: Unfortunately, there is no kids club available
Babysitting: Babysitting services are available at a fee for a minimum of 3 hours and reservations should be made 24 hours in advance.
Mauritius knows two climates – summer and winter. Summer is from November to April and it can be considered as high season. Peak season in Mauritius is in December and January, these months are the hottest and most humid of the year and there is increased chance of cyclones during this time. In winter you will not have a lot of rainfall, because it is the dry season, however the temperatures stay below 30 degrees.
Complimentary Activities: Rise and Shine Yoga, Natural movement session, Boxing by the sea, Beach soccer, Serenity walk, Yoga Meditation by the Lagoon, Boot Circuit camp, Aqua Fitness, FloatFit, Morning Jog by the Beach, Brahma Kumari Meditation.
Chargeable activities: Full Moon Ritual, Triathlon, EBike Tour To Flacq Market, Ebike Tour to Trou D’eau Douce, Sunset Bike Ride, horseriding.
Room Amenities including in your rate:
100% organic linen & organic robes
free homemade snacks and moringa tea and coffee
SALT Active program that offers complimentary sport activities throughout the day and complimentary water sports at the boathouse
yogabare mat and block available in room
Gifts in room
Slipppers made with cinnamon and rubber
Reusable SALT Water bottle
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…