Families, couples and those who like to golf!
the Low Down
Shanti Maurice is a five star boutique lifestyle beach resort located around a pristine horseshoe coral sand cove, on the largely untouched south coast of Mauritius. Perfect for both families and couples, Shanti Maurice comprises of 61 spacious Suites and Villas, spread across 36 acres of fragrant tropical gardens. Shanti Maurice also has 6 beachfront villas and 11 sea view villas, all overlooking the Indian Ocean with private pools, outdoor rain showers and dining pavilions or ‘Salas’. The hotel also offers six different culinary options with a dine-around option within Half Board.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive daily yoga, unlimited access to the Avalon Golf Estate 18 Championship Golf Course and complimentary use of all non-motorised watersports including SUP, snorkeling and kayaking.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Shanti Maurice is totally plastic free! They offer flasks in each of the room so you can have access to water when you please.
- The reef in Saint Felix is famous for having the best snorkelling in all of Mauritius.
- Thanks to the 36-acre tropical setting, each villa offers the highest level of privacy.
- Halal food is available at all restaurants
- In-room-entertainment system including games & news plus 100 blockbuster movies in 6 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian)
- International satellite TV 40’’ LCD flat screen, telephone, safe, air conditioning, ceiling fan, minibar, tea & coffee making facilities, Illy machine.
The hotel has three categories of suites and five categories of villas, all of which can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children per bedroom. The crème de la crème comes in the form of the Shanti Villa with a private pool. All of the villas come with private pools and start from 250 m2 whilst the suites offer an 81m2 space.
Southern Mauritius next to Saint Felix Beach. The hotel is 35 minutes from the airport and 65 minutes from the capital, Port Louis.
- Getting there:
There are direct flights daily from across the Middle East.
- What to pack:
Beach wear and comfy clothing for exploring the island of Mauritius. If you fancy hiking the nearby Le Morne mountain, bring suitable footwear.
The hotel has a collection of restaurants offering local and international cuisine. The dress code is beach chic – smart sandals and shorts are allowed.
Covering over 75,000 sqm and comprising of 25 treatment rooms, Shanti Spa is one of the largest and most comprehensive spas in the Indian Ocean. Trained masseurs and spa therapists work alongside personal trainers and an Ayurvedic Doctor to encourage optimum health and mental wellbeing.
- Signature activities:
Free Yoga and Meditation classes every day!
- All booking rates include VAT
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 12 years old when sharing the adult’s room
- You will need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel
- Kids Club: Available to children aged 3 to 12 years old (children under 3 years must be accompanied by a parent or carer), Les Petits Dodos kids club offers games as well as a weekly kids-activities program crammed with fun-filled pursuits, such as flower making, kids yoga, face painting and musical games.
- Babysitting: Experienced and trained babysitters are available upon request at a nominal charge.
Mauritius knows two climates – summer and winter. Summer is from November to April and it can be considered as high season. Peak season in Mauritius is in December and January, these months are the hottest and most humid of the year and there is increased chance of cyclones during this time. In winter you will not have a lot of rainfall, because it is the dry season, however the temperatures stay below 30 degrees.
- Daily breakfast (with option to upgrade to Half Board, Full Board & Spa Inclusive Half Board, all available to book with The Peaks)
- Free usage of the state of the art Technogym equipment at the fitness center & gym, 9 holes putting green at the Avalon Golf Estate, tennis courts and jogging track.
- Bicycles are available free for use within the Resort for a maximum of 2 hours per day.
- Complimentary access to non-motorised water sports (Snorkeling, Sailing, Surfing, SUPs, Zayaks, Kayaking among others) at the Boat House.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Rates are based on double room inclusive of daily breakfast for two and are subject to 10% tax and 5% service charge
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…