For a true out of Africa safari experience on the bands of the Mara river.
the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
complimentary experienceEach booking will receive a complimentary safari.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Functional design elements and airy spaces encourage guests to continuously connect with nature, allowing for complete relaxation and an authentic sense of calm.
- The epitome of sustainable tourism, the camp operates off the grid and relies entirely on a custom-designed solar system for its power and the use of recycled and natural materials wherever possible.
- Mara River Camp’s remote and unspoilt setting in 98,000 acres of untouched wilderness in northern Tanzania includes access to some of the world’s most prized and private game-viewing opportunities, including breathtaking views of the renowned migratory route traversed annually by more than a million wildebeest.
- Prepare for a remote and isolated location with endless views of the Mara river where Hippo and crocodile bask in the river before the camp.
There are four one-bedroom tents and two 2-bed family tents. Inside the camp, contemporary chic sets the tone for cool relaxation; raw leather blends, Maasai colours and elegant art by young African designers and craftsmen.
Set on the northern bank of the Mara River within the 40,000 hectare Lamai triangle in the most Northerly section of Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park. To the north is Kenya’s Masai Mara, to the south the Mara River and the vast Serengeti.
- Getting there:
Fly by scheduled flight or private transfer in a light aircraft to Kogatende Airstrip, it is then a 1-hour 30-minute game drive to the camp.
- What to pack:
Your safari bag, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours such as green, khaki and grey is recommended for game drives and bush walks. It is advisable to avoid white and dark colours as they tend to attract bugs. If it rains during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided. No formal wear is required at any of our lodges.
The wine and food experience at Mara River is a high-calibre experience with classic East African dishes paired alongside the finest from the award-winning Singita cellars.
At Singita, the enduring purpose to restore the land and its wildlife extends to offering healing experiences to the guests at every touchpoint. The dedicated treatments in the massage spaces tap into the profound benefits of indigenous wisdoms and essential oils that relax, replenish and revive. Each tailor-made therapy can be customised and timed to preference, ensuring a completely personalised experience.
- Signature Activities: During your stay at the camp you can partake in daily game drives with professional guides and trackers to help you get up close to Africa’s incredible animals. You can also go on night time game drives to spot the nocturnal animals. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can embark on a walking safari which is an incredible experience.
Rate is nett and non-commissionable
Rate includes meals & accommodation
Rate excludes all scheduled safari activities
Private Field Guides wishing to accompany their guests on safari activities must pre-book a private vehicle at an additional cost
Rate excludes the Tourism & Conservation Levy at Singita Pamushana, Singita Volcanoes National Park and Singita Serengeti where applicable; the Government of Tanzania Wildlife Fee at Singita Grumeti and the National Park Fee at Singita Lamai, as stipulated
Infants under the age of 2 years stay free of charge.
Children aged 2-16 years stay at 50% of the adult rate when sharing with either one adult or child.
A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Kids Club: The camps allow children aged 10 years and over to stay. All activities at the camp are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The camp also offers childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained. The exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions, as well as nature quizzes.
- Babysitting: Babysitting services are available on request.
East Africa is equatorial so the climate is fairly constant and it is a year-round destination. Tanzania has a light rain season from November to March known as the Green Season. This period is known as the ‘short rains’, often no more than a quick downpour each day, followed by clear sunshine. From December to March the weather becomes increasingly warmer with the ‘long rains’ occurring between April and May.
- All meals and beverages (excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house host, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover safaris (1 vehicle for up to 8 guests)
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and the lodges
- Telephone calls
- Laundry service
- Wildlife/park fee
- Tourism Development Levy
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Certain specific food items
- Additional vehicle (available on request at an additional charge).
- Transport to and from Singita Grumeti or Singita Lamai.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…