Barefoot Luxury and Sustainable Travel
the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary $100 spa voucher per villa.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Offering barefoot luxury, the resort spans the islands of Koh Ouen and Koh Bong, connected by a footbridge over Cambodia’s first Marine Reserve we have established to safeguard the islands’ reefs and marine life including turtles, seahorses and exotic species of tropical fish.
- Built with reclaimed timber and materials from the mainland, the resort’s design and architecture reiterates the resort’s commitment to sustainability.
- The culinary practice is based on locally sourced ingredients: seasonal fruits and vegetables, wildlife-friendly Ibis rice from farmers in the North, fleshy cashew nuts and meaty coconuts from nearby villages. The team are happy to cater to guests with dietary restrictions and vegan and vegetarian dishes are some of the tastiest we have tried!
- The icing on the cake comes in the form of the Royal Villa – a two-bedroom villa perched over the water in one of the most discreet and exquisite locations on the island. Additional features include a kitchen with a mojito making station, indoor dining (maximum 8 seats), and a lounge area with glass portholes to the ocean, your stay also includes a dedicated Guest Experience Ambassador during your stay.
- Song Saa has a special “Island Time” where the team set the clocks forward an hour to allow you to catch sunrise at a more rested time. The resort’s boats, used for arrivals and departures, run on mainland time schedules in order to sync with real-time flights.
- Accommodation: The resort features 24 luxury Over-Water, Jungle and Ocean View villas built with sustainable materials and with the deepest respect for the natural environment. Open-plan living spaces and outdoor decks with daybeds offer never-ending seascapes and rainforest views. Each villa has its own private pool plus a team of dedicated Guest Experience Ambassadors.
- Location: Song Saa Private Island lies secluded in this magnificent seascape, just 29km or 45 minutes by speedboat from the port of Sihanoukville. Most of the islands remain undeveloped – deserted oases of virgin rainforests, tropical reefs and glistening white beaches.
- Getting there: The nearest airport is Sihanoukville international airport (KOS), a 30-minute drive from the Sihanoukville Port. Getting here is easy – from Siem Reap International airport (REP) the flight is 45 minutes, from Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH) the flight is 40 minutes. From Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) Bangkok Thailand the flight is 1h 40 minutes. Private helicopter rides can be organised on request.
- What to pack: Leave the heels at home as the hotel only has sandy paths and wooden walkways, all best enjoyed barefoot or in flip-flops
Song Saa offers two restaurants; Vista Bar and Restaurant offering local ingredients and Khmer flavours, alongside inventive renditions of Western comfort dishes and Driftwood, the ideal spot for a sundowner. A selection of destination dining options are also available.
- Spa: The island’s spa is inspired by the Buddhist principle of reverence for all beings and aims to follow the tradition of offering blessings to others. The team use sustainable and natural products from artisanal producers that also benefit local communities either in Cambodia or other developing parts of the world. Treatments are designed to encourage the resort’s philosophy: Stillness, Healing & Blessings.
- Discovery Centre: An interactive and educational space where you can learn more about Song Saa’s conservation and community work, here the team offer a range of unique activities that allow you to experience the beautiful environment and people of the Koh Rong Archipelago.
- Signature Activities: Take advantage of being in the midst of Mother Nature’s most treasured specimens and traipse through the islands with the island-hopping tour. You can also choose to embark on a rainforest tour of Koh Bong or Koh Rong to get acquainted with this unique ecosystem. Activities vary from snorkeling around the islands, kayaking to explore the unspoiled mangroves, coves and bays, private beach picnics, Cambodian cooking classes, and more.
- Kids Club: There is a small kids area perfect for when parents need a little R&R.
- All rates are subject to 10% service charge, 10% VAT and 2% accommodation tax, so total (23.42%)
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 5 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable.
- Daily breakfast (with option to upgrade to Half Board, Full Board & Spa Inclusive Half Board, all available to book with The Peaks)
- Non motorised water-sports, gym and other facilities (including snorkeling, sailing, surfing, SUPs and kayaking)
- Bicycles are available free for use within the resort.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…