epic for all ages
For when your family is a mix of ages or you’re just looking for a destination that ticks all the boxes…these hotels and resorts know a thing or two about family-friendly travel.
the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary destination dining experience in the wild for two, complete with private chef and three-course dinner.
The Best Room For You
- As Singita have their own private concession in the Grumeti Reserve, Singita guests have a near exclusive experience of walking wildlife with over 350 000 acres of untouched wilderness in Northern Tanzania
- The Grumeti area is a game reserve with over 350 000 enclosed acres that is patrolled by rangers to protect the wildlife within thus providing exceptional game viewing all year round
- Game drives with private guide
- Game walks with private guide
- Spa treatments in the house’s private spa
- Hot air ballooning in private balloon
- The Grumeti Fund Community Outreach Program works with residents of the 21 villages bordering Singita Grumeti to realise their development goals. They partner with these communities to address issues of education, natural resource management, enterprise development and water management.
Up to 8 guests can feel at home at Serengeti House, with 2 suites in the main house and 2 garden suites; including daily onsite staff and management.
Set in the 350,000-acre Grumeti Reserve in the Serengeti in Northern Tanzania.
- Getting there: There is one flight a day with Grumeti Air from both Kilimanjaro and Arusha. All flights can be booked direct with Singita and a representative from the team will meet you on arrival from your international flight
- Wildlife Information:
You are likely to spot a great variety of wildlife, including cheetah, bearded wildebeest, bat eared fox, black rhino, Maasai giraffe, lion, elephant, buffalo and leopard.
- What to pack:
Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required.
- Migration information:
There is no real beginning or end to the wildebeest’s constant search for food and water. The only beginning is when calves are born – almost 400,000 wildebeest calves are born during a 6-week period usually between late January and mid-March. The migration path varies from year to year depending on weather and other environmental factors.
- Please note that there are no Kosher or Halal facilities available at Singita Serengeti House.
- All booking will include 18% VAT
- Children between the ages of 2-16 are accommodated at half of the adult rate when sharing a room with an adult or another child
- The lodge is in a malarial zone so it is essential to consider taking appropriate prophylactics.
- You will need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are baby-sitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family. Children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide. Infants under the age of 2 years will be accommodated free of charge. Children aged 2-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard Suite with 1 adult or child. Children accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
East Africa is equatorial so the climate is fairly constant and it is a year-round destination. Tanzania has a light rain season from November to March known as the Green Season. This period is known as the ‘short rains’, often no more than a quick downpour each day, followed by clear sunshine. From December to March the weather becomes increasingly warmer with the ‘long rains’ occurring between April and May.
- All meals and beverages (excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house host, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover safaris (1 vehicle for up to 8 guests)
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and the lodges
- Telephone calls
- Laundry service
- Wildlife/park fee
- Tourism Development Levy
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Certain specific food items
- Additional vehicle (available on reques
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…