the Low Down
Six Senses Laamu is the only resort on the remote Laamu Atoll in the southern Maldives, yet just a short inter-island flight and boat hop away from the airport in Male. Offering on-land and over-water villas, warm sapphire seas and restaurants serving delicious East-West cuisine, this paradise island is ripe for on-land and underwater adventures
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary dolphin cruise for two.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Being the only resort in the Laamu Atoll, exclusive and pristine, untouched natural beauty is abundant around the resort. Whether snorkeling or diving on one of the atoll’s diverse coral reefs, surfing one of the local, uncrowded breaks, or island hopping between uninhabited, palm-fringed sandbanks, here you can be rest assured that privacy and serenity are restored
- Six Senses Laamu produces as much as possible onsite in order to reduce emissions from long-distance transport, they also work towards zero-waste operations by recycling materials into new, useful products.
- The resort Sustainability Manager works with all departments on how the team can be more efficient, less wasteful, and in the long run achieve greater cost savings. Join the sustainability team at 10:30 am Sunday to Friday for a Back of House tour to learn more about the sustainability initiatives.
- Surf’s up! May to September is the season for the best waves, and the famous Yin Yang surf break is just ten minutes away from the resort. Tropicsurf organizes boat trips daily, as well as lessons on our island’s own break, paddling distance from the Surf Shack at Sip Sip Beach.
Six Senses Laamu has 97 spacious thatched villas, all carefully designed to harmonize with the outstanding natural beauty of the island. They offer privacy, cosiness and every comfort. True to the Six Senses’ philosophy of being in harmony with the environment, the villas are crafted from local and sustainable materials. Both water and on-land villas are available with the ability to host from 2 up to 6 guests
The resort is located in a remote corner of a southern atoll of Laamu in the Maldives, just 5 degrees north of the equator.
- Getting there:
To reach this aqua utopia, take a 35-minute inter-island plane trip from the Maldives International Airport of Malé, followed by a 20-minute speedboat ride. The resort will be able to handle all your inter-island flights and will also meet you at Malé to point you in the right direction.
- What to pack:
Please try not to bring any single-use plastic to the island and refrain from wrapping your luggage. The team ask that any duty free bags, plastic bottles, batteries, or other waste you produce during your stay is taken home with you where you can properly recycle them. The resort practices bare foot luxury, so feel free to leave your fancy shoes at home! If you can spare some room in your luggage, the team would also be grateful if you brought one of these items to Laamu to donate to a local child:
- Stainless steel reusable water bottles
- Cloth or canvas reusable bags
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, goggles)
- Marine books in English
There are six dining options at Six Senses Laamu ranging from casual dining at Sip Sip and The Ice Cream Studio to Chill Bar and all-day-dining at Longitude. Six Senses Laamu’s fine dining options, Leaf (Viet-Mediterranean fusions and Zen (Japanese) offer the perfect setting to celebrate any occasion.
Six Senses Laamu Spa offers nine private treatment nests, either with an ocean view or tucked away in the lush nature that surrounds them. Try the resort’s locally inspired and Ayurvedic treatments, massages, yoga and fitness classes or workshops. Visiting practitioners come by regularly and offer lifestyle consultations, using the results of non-invasive health screenings to craft a specialised holistic wellness program for each individual.
- Signature Activities:
Join the award winning marine biologists at Maldives Underwater Initiative (MUI) for a guided snorkeling excursion or dolphin cruise to learn about the marine life around the resort. Want to dive a little deeper? Explore the underwater world with Deep Blue Divers, the resort’s in-house dive center. Complimentary snorkeling equipment, including fins, mask, and snorkel, are available for guests throughout the stay, and SCUBA diving equipment is included on a chargeable basis with a dive package.
- All rates are subject to 10% Service Charge, 12% GST and USD 6 per person per night Green Tax
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 11.99 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable.
- Kids Club: The Den is open from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm every day and children between the ages of 4 – 12 years are welcome to join the activity program. Children younger than 4 years are always welcome with their parents, guardian or babysitter. Den activities vary between water play, outdoor play, indoor play and arts and crafts. The children will have the opportunity to swim in the clear blue waters, build sand castles, climb ropes, swing from a monkey bar, play football, cricket or even frisbee throwing when they are outdoors. There are outdoor games like hide-and-seek, pizza ball, pyramids and water relay to name a few. The Den also has a Book Zone, (to chill out) a Yum Zone (for a quick snack), an Expression Zone (to show what children have done), Cinema Zone, (to watch a movie) an Art and Craft Zone (to bring out the creativity of the children) and a Sleep Zone (to snooze after a long day of enjoyment).
- Babysitting: Baby-sitting charge is USD 25 per hour per child. Each additional child will be charged USD 5 per hour per child. These are subject to 10 percent service charge and 12 percent GST (Good and Service Tax)
High season is from November to April but all year round the reefs feature very healthy hard corals, colorful reef fish, hawksbill and green turtles, reef sharks and eagle rays. Spinner and bottlenose dolphins are commonly spotted at sea during the dolphin cruise and from the resort. Divers and snorkelers can also encounter manta rays throughout the year.
Surf season: Surf lessons and surf trips are available on a regular basis at our Surf Shop. Hosts are available at any time to book surf lessons or a surfing trip to the consistent waves of our famous Yin Yang break.
Six Senses Laamu’s accomodation prices come with bed and breakfast basis. In addition, guests are offered the half board (breakfast + dinner) meal plan and the full board (breakfast + lunch + dinner) meal plan chargeable per guest.
- Complimentary experiences offered at the resort includes;
- “ICE”, an Ice Cream parlor which offers 42 flavours of homemade Ice Creams and Sorbets for all our in-house guests on a complimentary basis.
- Every Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, the resort will have feature films and remaining nights will be Documentary films. The movie is scheduled to start at 9:30 pm
- Catamaran sailing
- Paddle Boarding
- Group yoga classes and other workshops
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…