An unforgettable and unique African adventure!
The Low Down
Looking for a unique safari experience? Without a doubt, Singita Explore offers the most authentic “roughing-it in great style” experience the Serengeti has to offer. With a private guide, chef, camp host and camp staff, activities can be arranged on a whim, game drives may be as long or as short as you choose and intimate experiences await.
A tented camp that is set up within the Grumuti Reserve according to the seasons and movement of wildlife, Singita Explore is designed for private-use with a maximum of six tents set up to suit the needs of each party or group. Spacious and luxurious, the custom-designed tents have an uncluttered appeal and provide an escape from modern-day distractions. The contemporary design of the campaign-style furniture was inspired for durable travel and incorporates canvas, leather and chrome.
Dining under the stars and sleeping under canvas, immersed in the sights sounds and smells of the bush, here you are close to nature without giving up any creature comforts.
The Best Room For You
The Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive one destination dining experience in the wild for two, complete with private chef and three-course dinner.
The Reasons To Go
- As Singita have their own private concession in the Grumeti Reserve, Singita guests have a near exclusive experience of walking wildlife with over 350 000 acres of untouched wilderness in Northern Tanzania
- The Grumeti area is a game reserve with over 350 000 enclosed acres that is patrolled by rangers to protect the wildlife within thus providing exceptional game viewing all year round
- Children of all ages are welcome. Activities are tailor-made to suit each family. In the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities will be at the discretion of your guide
- Game drives with private guide
- Game walks with private guide
- Spa treatments (which can be arranged through pre-booking only)
- Hot air ballooning in private balloon
- Halal facilities are available if arranged in advance
- The Grumeti Fund Community Outreach Program works with residents of the 21 villages bordering Singita Grumeti to realise their development goals. They partner with these communities to address issues of education, natural resource management, enterprise development and water management.
The Nitty Gritty
The camp is made up of 6 seriously snazzy custom designed tents.
Set in Singita Grumeti, which forms part of the Serengeti Mara ecosystem, the camp provides guests with access to a 350,000-acre concession on the renowned migratory route traversed annually by more than a million wildebeest.
There is one flight a day with Grumeti Air from both Kilimanjaro and Arusha. All flights can be booked direct with Singita and a representative from the team will meet you on arrival from your international flight.
You are likely to spot a great variety of wildlife, including cheetah, bearded wildebeest, bat eared fox, black rhino, Maasai giraffe, lion, elephant, buffalo and leopard.
What to pack:
Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of the lodges.
There is no real beginning or end to the wildebeest’s constant search for food and water. The only beginning is when calves are born – almost 400,000 wildebeest calves are born during a 6-week period usually between late January and mid-March. The migration path varies from year to year depending on weather and other environmental factors.
The Petit Peaks
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are baby-sitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family. Children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide. Infants under the age of 2 years will be accommodated free of charge. Children aged 2-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard Suite with 1 adult or child. Children accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
The Housekeeping Rules
- All booking will include 18% VAT
- Children between the ages of 2-16 are accommodated at half of the adult rate when sharing a room with an adult or another child
- The lodge is in a malarial zone so it is essential to take appropriate prophylactics.
- You will need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel
East Africa is equatorial so the climate is fairly constant and it is a year-round destination. Tanzania has a light rain season from November to March known as the Green Season. This period is known as the ‘short rains’, often no more than a quick downpour each day, followed by clear sunshine. From December to March the weather becomes increasingly warmer with the ‘long rains’ occurring between April and May.
The Finer Details
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house manager, chef and camp staff
- Land Rover safaris and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and the lodge
- Limited laundry service, expect a 24-hour turn-around time
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
32C 32C 33C 30C 30C 29C
3 4 16 30 12 6
JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
29C 28C 28C 29C 31C 32C
0 0 2 5 12 3