SUJÁN Rajmahal Palace
A palace perfectly placed for exploring the pink city.
The Low Down
Still home to HH The Maharaja of Jaipur, SUJÁN Rajmahal Palace is perfectly located at the heart of Rajasthan’s fabled ‘Pink City’. Built in 1729, its newest avatar celebrates its history with aplomb; a 21st century Palace for a dashing young Maharaja. The Palace offers just 13 rooms and suites, including two magnificent Royal Apartments. The wallpapers, specially created for each room, tell the many stories of Jaipur making sure there is something to suit everyone. A wonderful melange of Indian, Art Deco and contemporary design, it is a unique oasis secluded in beautiful verdant gardens.
The Best Room For You
The Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary upgrade subject to availability.
The Reasons To Go
- Moving away from the more expected ‘heritage décor’, the hotel offers contemporary, colourful, flamboyant interiors.
- Sweet smelling flower arrangements greet you throughout and the gardens and pool are equally as pretty and easy on the eye both by day and by night.
- It is still a Royal Home, no other Palace hotel in Jaipur has this status.
- It is small and intimate, making you feel even more at home
- SUJÁN Rajmahal Palace guests are granted exclusive access and experiences within the city
- It is an extraordinary ‘home’ set in an extraordinary city described as a living museum without boundaries, embracing one and all, a celebration of a vibrant diversity.
- The painstakingly restored palace embodies the ethos of Jaipur and its royal family, its glittering past and is now entering its gilded future.
The Nitty Gritty
The palace offers just 13 rooms and suites, including two magnificent Royal Apartments. he suites all vary in design and décor and each is beautiful in different ways, with either pastel colours, more ‘male’ colours or subtly fun and colourful.
Sadar Patel Marg, C Scheme, Jaipur
- Getting there:
From the UAE you can fly direct into the city of Jaipur. From the airport, the hotel is 30 minutes by car. Transfers can be arranged directly with the hotel.
- What to pack:
Comfortable clothing for exploring the city and something snazzy for the evenings
There are four restaurants in total. The Colonnade is open 24 hours for resident guests and has a delightful menu of freshly prepared comfort food; 51 Shades of Pink restaurant dedicated to the colour of Jaipur, which gives Rajasthan’s capital the name, the ‘Pink City’. This room is especially popular for breakfast as the morning light floods into its mirrored spaces. The Orient Occident is a formal dining space within the palace and is a particular favourite of HH the Queen Mother, Rajmata Padmini Devi of Jaipur. The restaurant offers a wide-ranging menu that includes traditional recipes of the Jaipur region, now rarely encountered elsewhere. There is also The Rajmahal Café in the grounds which offers seasonal Italian cuisine including wood fired pizzas, home-made pastas and delicious gelatos.
- Signature Activities:
See the best the Pink City has to offer with one of SUJÁN’s tailormade trips.
The Finer Details
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Afternoon Tea
The rate excludes:
All taxes and charges incurred during the stay towards, Lunch, Dinner, Beverages (Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic), Tobacco (Cigarettes and Cigars), Game Drives/Wilderness Drives (Unless included), Excursion and Leisure Experiences, Spa Treatments, Boutique purchases and any other charges which are not mentioned in the above. All these charges are to be settled in full on departure.
Conservation remains at the heart of SUJÁN. As part of the commitment, a small mandatory fee of INR 1500 plus taxes, per person, per night is applicable and included in the grand total. Please get in touch if you would like to know more details about this and the current projects.
The Housekeeping Rules
- All rates are subject to 18% VAT (government tax) & 10% Service Charge
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Monthly discounts
The weather of Jaipur is of a semi-arid variety. Temperatures remain comparatively on the higher end all around the year.
- April to July: The summer season begins from April and continues until July. The temperature rises to an average of 36°C. From July, the first of the monsoon rains tend to begin.
- August and September: The city experiences monsoon showers in the months of August and September with frequent thunderstorms and rain showers. Jaipur receives over 650 mm of rainfall each year.
- November to February: This is winter time in Jaipur. The day times are usually pleasant and warm but in the evenings the temperatures tend to drop and it can be a little chilly. The temperature ranges in between 5-15°C during this season.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
13C 17C 23C 29C 33C 33C
1 1 1 1 2 14
JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
31C 30C 29C 25C 19C 14C
23 21 14 3 2 1