the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary half day Salalah city tour
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Dining by design – a spectacular experience, whether for a celebration of love or a gathering with family and friends. Choose from connoisseur menus and then select your favourite spot to dine –a table on a stretch of sand reserved for sunset or the tropical surrounds of your villa terrace. With a personal waiter, fine dining in a world of your own is matched by impeccable service.
- Visit the scenic mountains, the breath-taking coastline and the awe-inspiring desert in one trip
Take a romantic evening swim under the moon and stars in your private pool villa.
- Truly unwind on the vast white sand beach or giant sparkling infinity pool then spend the day uncovering the secret spots of the area with a native Salalah Guru.
- Melt all your cares away with ancient Moroccan rituals in the region’s only luxury hammam.
- Savour a gastronomic journey of specialty Asian food at the award-winning Mekong restaurant.
- Marvel at the area’s transformation into a lush, green oasis during the magnificent Khareef season
The gorgeously elegant accommodation comprises of 10 deluxe rooms, 30 premier sea view rooms, 8 villas and 88 one, two and three bedroom pool villas. Each accommodation type features an amazing view of the sea. The 88 villas are complemented with their own private temperature-controlled swimming pool and personalised villa host service.
A 15-minute drive from Salalah International Airport and close to all sightseeing highlights, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara will offer refreshing opulence and a gateway to Oman’s cultural treasures. Located next to Al Baleed Archaeological Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, guests can explore significant structures of the early Bronze Age such as the Citadel, City Wall and Grand Mosque.
- Getting there:
Major airlines such as Oman Air and Qatar Airways, as well as low-cost carriers, fly into Salalah International Airport, which is only a 15-minute drive from the resort. An airport transfer service and private car hire are available upon request. If you are driving from the UAE your passport will be checked at the border crossing in both Oman and the UAE; you’ll need to buy additional insurance cover through your car hire agent if you want to take a UAE hire car into Oman (or vice versa).
- What to pack:
Swimwear, a snazzy outfit for dinner and if travelling during the Khareef season (July – September) something suitable for the rain!
Savour meals that showcase local culture, or inspiring tastes from across the globe. Daytimes have a casual flow, with refreshments and Mediterranean classics by the pool. Evenings at these speciality Oman restaurants feel sophisticated and stir the senses, from exciting Asian cuisines to gourmet buffet feasts. Enjoy the specialties of talented chefs on waterfront terraces. Linger over sunset cocktails and shisha. Let the team create the most romantic night imaginable, with your perfect menu served by a personal waiter, in total privacy on the beach. SAKALAN – meaning ‘The Land of Frankincense’, is an all-day dining restaurant bringing a variety of delightful flavours. AL MINA – the beachside restaurant captures the Mediterranean’s zesty flavours and relaxed ambience dishing up flavourful classics with flair. MEKONG – Enjoy a voyage of culinary discovery through Thailand, China and Vietnam.
Drawing on the exotic wellness traditions of Arabia and Thailand, Anantara Spa takes you on a holistic journey using ancient rituals to restore strength, beauty and balance to the body, mind and soul. Harnessing precious indigenous ingredients such as frankincense as well as bananas, coconuts and pomegranates from nearby plantations, each treatment has been designed to rejuvenate from tip to toe, whether it’s a stimulating body polish, therapeutic massage, replenishing wrap, radiant facial or ancient Ayurvedictreatment. Anantara Spa facilities offers Ayurvedic and reflexology, 5 treatment rooms, separate male & female wet facilities, a nail & beauty salon, relaxation areas and a fabulous morrocan hammam with special Rasul treatments.
- Signature Activities:
Cinema under the stars: Snuggle into cushy beanbags on the beach to watch a film on a giant screen. Combine a movie evening with sumptuous dining, choosing from special set menus.Spice Spoons: Much more than a cooking class, Spice Spoons offers a rich and interactive immersion in Thai and Arabic gastronomy. Learn about cultural significances, health benefits, indigenous ingredients and cooking equipment, as well as convenient replacements to use at home. Cook your favourites in a step-by-step class in the purpose-designed cooking school. Savour your creations for lunch and enjoy the option of adding garnishing and table setup classes. Leave with wonderful memories and impressive new skills to entertain family and friends back home.Wine Master Class: For those with a passion for wine, the in-house Wine Guru can take you through a wine master class teaching you how to pair the perfect wine with your foodDolphins in the wild: Cruise alongside various species of dolphins ready to put on a spectacular show of acrobatics.Local culture: Tour the various UNESCO World Heritage Sites to unravel the fascinating stories of Omanis from ancient times and discover the rich history of Oman’s finest frankincense in this, the perfume capital of Arabia.
- As per country’s tax regulation, all bookings are to be charged with 17% government and tourismtax plus 5% value added tax (VAT) if introduced
The Albahhara Kids Club keeps little ones entertained and safe, with activities from outdoor play to water fun and cooking classes. There are trained staff and facilities including a play set, sandpit, a children’s splash pool and mini loungers. Teens needs their own space to socialize, so Alshirae Teens Club is just for them. Gamin consoles, football, air hocker and illiards engage, while diving and fishing plunge teens into outdoor adventures.
Babysitting services are also available upon request.
Bed & breakfast, half-board and full-board options are available
- Interactive LED TV and media hub
- Coffee machine and tea selection
- Walk-in dressing room & Bathroom with bathtub and rain shower
- Pillow menu & Mini bar
- Work desk
- Bluetooth sound box with USB charging station
- Access to fitness centre, table tennis, billiards, beach football and beach volleyball, non-motorised water sports, tennis and badminton courts as well as the outdoor Infinity pool overlooking the beach.
- Library with Apple computers, business centre services and digital museum
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
rates do not incude taxes and are based on bed and breakfast for two people
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…