the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Complimentary experienceEach booking will receive complimentary sunset cocktails at the bungalow view point.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- The Castlereagh Valley is one of Sri Lanka’s most spectacular regions, and the mountain/forest/lake/tea estate panoramas from the hotel are stunning
- Scenic trails wind through tea estates, up to lake and valley viewpoints and to spectacular locations for picnics and sundowners
- The bungalow is surrounded by acres of pea green tea estates and historic colonial-era sights. You can also opt for a visit to the local tea factory to learn more about the tea making process.
- They offer all-inclusive rates – all food, drink (including house spirits, wine & beers), afternoon tea, snacks and soft drinks are included in the rate, as is the visit to the local tea factory
There are 4 large double bedrooms with four-poster king size beds and 1 twin bedroom. All rooms are equipped with custom designed furnishings and have an en suite bathroom (some rooms have bathtubs and private verandas).
Castlereagh Reservoir is a mesmerising island-dotted lake surrounded by steeply rising hills planted with impossibly neat rows of vivid green tea, around 18-kilometres from the market town of Hatton. Hidden in amongst this emerald jaw-dropping scenery are century-old tea factories, gushing waterfalls, colonial-era churches and colourful Hindu shrines.
- Getting there:
You can drive up to the bungalow via a car or alternatively travel by train through the scenic tea plantations and arrive at Hatton Train Station (20km from the bungalow), or land at Castlereagh Reservoir (overlooking the bungalow) via a Sea Plane from Colombo, and be picked up by their team.
- What to pack:
Warmer clothes due to cool climate, walking shoes for tea trail walks.
The kitchen serves locally sourced, freshly cooked food. The butlers make you feel at home by mixing your favourite drinks, serving afternoon tea in the garden and gourmet meals in the cosy indoor dining room or outside on the veranda throughout the day. Rates are all inclusive, so expect to tuck into a hearty breakfast followed by a ‘Planter’s Lunch’ – a selection of daily curries – before moving onto afternoon tea and later, an a la carte dinner. Snacks and drinks, including your favourite tipples, best enjoyed beside the warm crackling fireplace of the comfortable sitting room, are also included in the daily rate.
- Signature Activities:
Treks and bicycle rides along the tea estates, Kayak ride on the Reservoir and bird watching in the garden.
- All rates are subject to 30.08% government taxes (VAT, NBT, TDL) & service charge.
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 2 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable. For ages 3-8, there is a supplement of USD 60 per child.
- All-inclusive basis which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited alcohol, juices, drinks and snacks
- Personal butler
- Free Wi-Fi
Rates also include a credit coupon of USD 50 per room that can be used for any in-house excursions.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…