Something out of the ordinary! Dera Amer isn’t your average hotel – instead of cars, it has camels and elephants; instead of a high-end restaurant, it has a torch-lit dining pavilion; instead of rooms, it has luxury tents!
the Low Down
Six sumptuous safari style tents are dotted around acres of wild shrubland, providing you with all the creature comforts you desire whilst in the most peaceful setting: in fact, there’s no- one else around for miles. Bespoke furnishings are taken from the Raj era models: travellers would have been reclining on the same Cawnpore Cots and Planters chairs centuries ago. Sit back in front of a roaring bonfire, with a drink in one hand and the scent of a live barbecue in the air, whilst music and dance performances are presented by local folk artists. Whether a honeymooning couple, or a family with children, there is no experience that quite compares to your own secluded wilderness camp accompanied by Dera Amer’s friendly elephants.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a special private dining experience for two.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Dera Amer offers luxury camping in your own private wilderness and organic non-touristy interaction with the adopted/rescued animals (elephants, camels, cows etc.) on the property
- Even though the luxury camps are in the wild, you are only 30mins away from Jaipur City
- You get to befriend the local elephants – this includes bathing them, feeding them and generally getting to know them!
- Experience an elephant or camel safari adventure where you’ll get to witness many cultural heritage sites and local temples.
- Maintained by local villagers and camp staff, Dera Amer’s expanding vegetable plot is entirely organic and free from pesticides. It is harvested using traditional farming techniques, solar panelled water pumps and drip irrigation.
Each of the six luxury tents are decorated with beige matting, ruby-red fabrics and furnishings, soft rugs and wooden furniture. The tents have power showers and electricity; you’ll also get your own shaded porch, complete with deckchairs.
Dera Amer sits at the foothills of the Aravalli Range, in a reserve that’s home to many elephants.
- Getting there:
Flights leave daily from across the UAE to the city of Jaipur. The hotel is an hours-drive from the airport.
- What to pack:
Comfortable colours in neutral tones (fluorescents were not made for safari). Dera Amer equips each tent with a pair of binoculars and a book on local birds.
Dine daily with the resident elephants for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. All meals are served in the same place and the menu changes daily to reflect local cuisine.
- Signature Activities:
Spend time with the resident elephants, adopted from their stressful life in the city, in a natural setting, feeding and walking with them in the private 180-acre wilderness accompanied by our in house specialist.
- All rates are subject to 18% VAT and Service Charge
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation for children is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals, transfers and other services are chargeable.
Rates include:Daily Breakfast
Tribal Hamlet Visit
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…