the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a Traditional Sri Lankan roti lunch for two.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Both Kahanda Kanda and KK Beach work in conjunction with each other, whilst being quite different in many ways. There is a free tuk tuk shuttle for guests wishing to go for lunch or dinner at Kahanda Kanda, and similarly guests from KK can enjoy a free shuttle service if coming to KK Beach for lunch or dinner.
- Located 12 km away from UNESCO world heritage Galle Fort, 20 km away from Mirissa, one of largest blue whale colonies in the world
- KK Beach is a postmodern south Asian space with a combination of modern furniture and contemporary art.
- All the artwork in the hotel has been commissioned from Sri Lankan artists, giving them an opportunity to showcase their talents and all the paintings are for sale.
The 12 bespoke villas are inspired by local culture, featuring elegant art and antiques within each of the spacious rooms and gardens – a sanctuary where you can indulge in serenity, privacy and personalised five-star service.
The hotel is located along Sri Lanka’s southern coast, near Thalpe.
- Getting there:
Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport is 150km away from the hotel. Flights arrive daily on both Emirates and Sri Lankan Airlines.
- What to pack:
Light and comfortable clothing plus plenty of swimwear.
Meals at KK Beach are a relaxed affair, with the emphasis on fresh, locally sourced ingredients. On Sunday evenings the team offer Thai cuisine, Mondays & Fridays seafood barbecue, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays a three course set menu whilst on Wednesdays they host a traditional Sri Lankan rice and curry buffet.
There is one treatment room at the hotel and massages can be arranged on request.
- Signature Activities:
Minutes from KK Beach, activities are in abundance from body surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, bike rides through the rice fields, canoe trips, whale watching, deep sea fishing, cultural tours and boat trips on Kogalla Lake.
- All rates are subject to 19.08% VAT and Service Charge
- The hotel has a strict no child policy. Children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated at Kahanda Kanda.
- Daily breakfast
- Bicycles are available free for use within the resort.
- Complimentary Tuk Tuk transfers to Kahanda Kanda
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…