the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a romantic dinner set up with a glass of wine per person near the garden (dinner not included)
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Oceanfront location: The hotel’s private elevated palm-shaded garden sits above a splendid boulder-scattered, sandy beach
- Personalised service: High-end, personalised service is a trademark of Teardrop Hotels
- Perfect for longer stays: Relaxing coastal locale invites stays of a few days to a week or more
- Superb food: Excellent international fusion menu by Teardrop Executive Chef championing seafood and fresh produce
The ten bedrooms at Kumu Beach showcase Sri Lankan contemporary style at its very best. All rooms look out over the pool and garden and have spectacular views across the Indian Ocean. Offset by cooling off-white terrazzo floors, rooms are furnished with custom-designed beds with chic décor influenced by sunset pinks and ocean blues. The twin-bedded Kumu Bedrooms are on the first floor while the four Oceanview Bedrooms and four Oceanview Suites are located on the ground and upper floor, and each directly accesses garden terraces or upper floor balconies with sweeping sea views.
Jungle Balapitiya Beach is a fine swathe of sand on Sri Lanka’s sunset coast – a splendid palm-fringed shoreline home to nesting marine turtles, water sports in Bentota, boat trips along the Madu Ganga river, mask museums in Ambalangoda and easy access to the colonial-era fort of Galle. Getting there: You can drive to the hotel via car or alternatively travel by train along the coast to Balapitiya Train Station.
There are two ways to get to Jungle Beach. You can either drive (5hrs 30mins hours from Colombo International Airport) or take a short private flight with Cinnamon Air.
Light, summer clothes and swimwear.
Kumu Beach is the venue for fine alfresco dining experiences paired with direct sea views. The gourmet a la carte all-day fusion menu champions fresh fish and seafood, with platters for sharing and smaller, tapas-style dishes for light meals and snacks throughout the day.
The curated treatments at Z Spa promise to relax, reinvigorate and replenish your energy levels. Each of the therapies are provided by experienced, caring professionals. The upper floor spa has just one air-conditioned double treatment room facing the Indian Ocean.
Lounge in the 23-metre infinity swimming pool before visiting the local turtle hatchery.
- All rates are subject to 30.08% government taxes (VAT, NBT, TDL) & service charge.
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 2 years old when sharing the adult’s room. For ages 3-8, although there is a supplement of USD 60 per child.
- Bed & Breakfast basis and upgrade to Half board or Full board via a supplement
- Free Wi-Fi
- Personalised service
- Complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar
- Complimentary afternoon tea
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…