the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- So many daily activities are included in your stay, take advantage of the hidden treasure experience and find one of the 5 hidden bottles with prizes hidden inside (perhaps a massage in the LUX* ME Spa), the Tree of Wishes where making a wish can win you a holiday at one of the resorts, or use the ‘Old English’ phone boxes to make a call home for free.
- The hotel is very family oriented, most rooms come with ample room for two adults and two children. There are separate clubs for kids and teens to keep them occupied or you can make use of the family activities on offer.
- LUX* aim to excite and inspire all vegetarian and vegan guests with veggie delights, inspired by seasonal island flavours. Take the Pulled Jackfruit Burrito made with ginger, turmeric rice, smoky barbecued jackfruit, black beans, roasted sweet potato cream, guacamole, seasonal greens, and apple slaw for instance, where guests can expect an explosion of flavour in every bite.
- LUX* offers the ultimate guide to achieving the perfect holiday shots with a photography studio and workshops using a smartphone or a traditional camera or SLR. At any LUX* resort, guests can hire the latest equipment and transform those precious memories into photobooks, calendars or printed gifts.
- In addition to hosting outdoor classes, the resort’s personal trainers specialise in pilates, yoga, meditation classes, nutrition and tailoring programmes to suit your specific goals.
- Spend an evening at an al fresco cinema, they show blockbusters, family classics and much more – all under the stars, and completely on the house.
- Fancying some romance? Head to Flute, LUX* Belle Mare’s spectacular sandbank bunker – secluded from the rest of the resort, couples can while away the evening with their feet in the sand, sipping an exclusive selection of champagnes, sparkling wines and dine on delicious tapas in a private dug-out beach lounge. With perfect service soundtracked by the soft swish of the waves and the setting lit by a canopy of stars, this is the ultimate date night to reconnect, celebrate – or even pop the question!
- If you opt for all inclusive, at LUX* Belle Mare, all-inclusive really does mean all. All your meals, drinks and activities are taken care of, whether you’re looking for a high-adrenaline water sports thrill ride, or a romantic and serene tropical getaway for two.
Wake up to the sound of the warm Indian Ocean lapping against the shore after a blissful night’s sleep in your handcrafted LUX* Sleep Tight bed and beautifully appointed suite or villa. There are 174 suites and 12 villas, freshly re-designed by internationally acclaimed designer Kelly Hoppen, they will be your tropical sanctuary during your Mauritian break.
As the name suggests, located on Belle Mare beach on the east coast of Mauritius. The capital of Port Louis is a 50-minute drive away.
- Getting there:
There resort is 45km away from the airport, a one hour drive you can take either taxi or arrange your own transfer. Luxury private transfers are available via BMW X5 which is equipped with free WiFi connection.
- What to pack:
Aside from sun lotion, swimwear and your snazziest beach wear, restaurants have a dress code for smart chic in the evening, gents pack some trousers and closed toe shoes.
As expected at LUX* resorts, you will be spoilt for choice. MIXE dishes up a tempting all-day menu of island specialties, from a fresh sprawling breakfast buffet to round-the-world gastronomic delights. Amari by Vineet, the resort’s new Indian restaurant, is a clean-lined but opulent space for the Michelin-star chef’s scintillating fare. Heading further east, Duck Laundry offers contemporary-style Chinese dishes, featuring duck in its many guises, dim sum, live noodle-making stations, a wood-fired duck oven and a Chinese barbecue station to complete the experience, crowned by a varied selection of Chinese teas and Asian spirits. The K Bar entertains with its dragon-inspired cocktails and headlines with a microbrewery feature in this ‘gastro pub’, where an exclusive range of craft beers are available on tap. Café LUX* has revolutionised the world of hotel coffee and offers guests the finest barista-made coffee, day or night. And of course, enjoy a hint of the French Riviera in the airy white-and-red décor sandside at Beach rouge and listen to live DJ’s.
The spa comprises of 12 treatments rooms including 3 couples rooms and 2 traditional Chinese treatment rooms. The adult only space provides more than just pampering and offers a holistic, integrated approach to all treatments. The in-house holistic therapists will personalise your treatment of choice using an exclusive range of LUX* ME products from the body or facial range. Try the Shirley Page signature massage, an exclusive treatment designed by the guru of organic essential oils that will relax and rejuvenate. Using a combination of slow and rhythmic movements, they endeavour to balance your body’s energy meridians.
- Signature activities:
Sunrise yoga: LUX* Belle Mare is set on the island’s widest stretch of beach and blessed with the softest white sand and the most spectacular sunrises. This breath-taking backdrop provides the blissful setting for the ultimate beach yoga experience. Guests will be guided on a sensory journey that will awaken you from the inside, expand your mind and strengthen your body. Conclude the class with a nourishing breakfast overlooking the beach, providing time to reflect on the morning activity and prepare for another day in paradise.
LUX* Chocolate workshop: Hosted by their resident pastry chef extraordinaire Pascal Galette and his magical team, they’ll guide you on an informative and inspirational journey to this sweetest of delights. With expert hints and tips on making, baking and of course tasting – this workshop is distinctive, delightful and delectable in equal measures. Perfect for younger guests, those young at heart – or simply because you can’t resist!
Explore the life aquatic snorkelling the Indian Ocean straight from Belle Mare’s beach, or take a glass-bottomed boat ride to see the Technicolor display of tropical fish without getting wet.
Wakeboarding, water-skiing or windsurfing; sailing a catamaran or paddling a kayak – however you like your water sports, LUX* Belle Mare promises ocean-bound adventures aplenty. Prefer to stick to dry land? Tennis, table tennis, bocce ball and beach volleyball are yours for the playing.
Enhance your smartphone snapping with a free photography class at Photo Fanatics.Learn to transform waste products into eye-catching artworks with a Junk Art workshop led by expert artist Ruben.
Step into the herb garden and take part in a positivity-enhancing Tree of Wishes ritual.
- The all-inclusive package includes dining, afternoon tea time, drinks, tea and coffee facilities in rooms, minibar, service, wellness, water sports, land activities, entertainment, taxes
- All room rates are inclusive of taxes (inc VAT)
Play is a fun, exciting kids club for guests aged 3 to 11. Open until 10pm, it’s jam-packed with features to keep your little ones busy: there’s a splash pool, an outdoor culinary school with entertaining hands-on sessions, an interactive buffet station, an e-zone, a reading corner and a quiet zone. Fun-loving and full of energy, the resort’s qualified team members run activities to introduce children to the island’s nature and culture. Beach games and other outdoor pursuits are guaranteed to burn energy.
The Cake Boss is particularly popular: every Friday at 3pm, kids can enjoy making and decorating a cake; a kids’ film is also shown on the big screen at 8pm. There’s plenty for the sweet-toothed the rest of the week too: just pop in to LUX*’s unique cake-decorating bar, where they can help to ice a variety of pre-baked cakes and cupcakes – it’s messy, spongy fun.
For 12–17-year-olds, Studio 17 is a club run by trained and enthusiastic LUX* supervisors. Open until 8pm, it boasts of a variety of sociable games and activities such as a pool table, table football, iMac stations, table tennis and board games. With local dance and language classes, beach sports and exciting adventure trips around the island, teens can really make the most of their island holiday.
Babysitting: Babysitting services are available for a supplement upon request for children aged 1 year and above.
Mauritius knows two climates – summer and winter. Summer is from November to April and it can be considered as high season. Peak season in Mauritius is in December and January, these months are the hottest and most humid of the year and there is increased chance of cyclones during this time. In winter you will not have a lot of rainfall, because it is the dry season, however the temperatures stay below 30 degrees.
LUX* offers all meal plans from bed and breakfast, half board, full board and all-inclusive. Activities like Water sports (non-motorized) and land activities are communicated on a weekly basis and are included during your stay.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…