epic for all ages
For when your family is a mix of ages or you’re just looking for a destination that ticks all the boxes…these hotels and resorts know a thing or two about family-friendly travel.
the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary 30 minutes spa selected treatment. In addition, room upgrade will be given subject to availability.
The Best Room For You
- LUX* Grand Gaube Resort & Villas is enveloped by undulating coves, the calmest of lagoons and is blessed with two tranquil beaches and two spectacular swimming pools.
- Be absolutely spoilt with space. There’s an abundance of places to relax or refuel and extensive sports and wellness facilities featuring a sensational new spa, fitness, tennis academy, golf and water sports. To tempt you from your lounger, they also include inspirational classes and expert-led workshops as a part of your stay.
- The intimate, state-of-the-art gym is a hit. The ARTIS Technogym treadmills, ellipticals, and machines have HD screens with Youtube, Skype, television, TED talks, and many other channels. If you’d like advice or tips, speak to the Wellness Concierge (he’ll likely recommend the outdoors calisthenic workouts, boot camp circuits, tennis, Padel Tennis, yoga, meditation or a bike ride.)
- Gear up for transformation as once you’ve worked up a sweat, pop by the hammam or sauna, take the plunge (quite literally) in the ice-cold plunge pool, and dry off on one of the canopy sunbeds.
- LUX* Grand Gaube is a golfers dream with its own driving range set within the resorts landscaped gardens. Perfect your swing just steps from your room, suite or villa and then head to Mont Choisy Le Golf – just 15 minutes away and one of the premier 18-hole courses on the island featuring exceptional facilities and its own Academy.
- The hotel is very family oriented, most rooms come with ample room for two adults and two children. There are separate clubs for kids and teens to keep them occupied or you can make use of the family activities on offer.
- Take to the skies and enjoy a spectacular view of Mauritius in a two-seater seaplane or helicopter directly available from the hotel. A ‘must do’ at LUX* Grand Gaube as words cannot do it justice.
- In addition to hosting outdoor classes, the resort’s personal trainers specialise in Tai Chi, pilates, yoga, meditation classes, nutrition and tailoring programmes to suit your specific goals.
- Spend an evening at an al fresco cinema, they show blockbusters, family classics and much more – all under the stars, and completely on the house.
- If you opt for all inclusive, at LUX* Grand Gaube, all-inclusive really does mean all. Including dining, afternoon tea time, drinks, tea and coffee facilities in rooms, minibar, service, wellness, water sports, land activities, entertainment, taxes and of course, all the quirks and special activities hosted by LUX*.
There are 186 rooms ranging from the superior rooms which feature a large rainfall shower to the Junior suites, designed with romance in mind and ideal for couples. The crème de la crème is found in the 2-bedroom LUX* Villa, designed for privacy and its own outdoor lounge and relaxation deck, swimming pool, gazebo, beach and 24-hour butler service.
Ideally situated on a secluded peninsula near the fishing village of Grand Gaube and only 10 mins drive from Grand Bay.
- Getting there:
There resort is 72km away from the airport, a 70-minute drive you can take either taxi or arrange your own transfer. Luxury private transfers are available via BMW X5 which is equipped with free WiFi connection.
- What to pack:
Aside from sun lotion, swimwear and your snazziest beach wear, restaurants have a dress code for smart chic in the evening, gents pack some trousers and closed toe shoes.
As expected at LUX* resorts, there’s so much choice we don’t know where to start. The main restaurant, Palm Court features live cooking stations, expect to experience The Glass Box, The Mediteranean Tapas Bar, The Southeast Asian Kitchen, Comfort Kitchen, The Bakery & Dessert Bar and Le Tastevin Wine Experience. Beach rouge Beach restaurant and lounge offering informal drinking and dining, easy lounging and the definitive soundtrack to your holiday. Bodrum Blue offers a Turkish twist with panoramic vistas overlooking the Indian Ocean. Banyan is located in the adult only zone of the hotel, this ancient banyan tree provides the backdrop of an irresistible combination of dining experiences including Creole Smokehouse, BB’s burger shack, the Rum Treehouse and the French Kiss bar. Savour the cultural blending of Peru and Argentina across three distinct spaces within Inti restaurant. The G&T 100 club, as the name suggests, is a gin bar for the perfect sunset aperitif. Café LUX* has revolutionised the world of hotel coffee and offers guests the finest barista-made coffee, day or night.
The spa comprises of 12 treatments rooms, a sauna and steam room, there is also a nail salon, barbers and female hair salon as well as a dedicated bridal studio.
- Signature activities:
The Mauritian Rum Experience: Feed your appetite for culture with an experience curated around local rum, the national drink. A boating adventure to Bernache Island: Disconnect from the ordinary and embark on a traditional wooden pirogue with a local fisherman.
Your Ultimate Wellness Routine: Being healthy comes down to habit. Good habits. Take this time off from the busyness of your life to start a new routine.Water sports: The waters around LUX* Grand Gaube are the perfect playground for water skiing or wakeboarding. This is a high-speed, action-packed fun sport that you’ll want to do again and again. Alternatively, there is scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, stand up paddleboards and wind surfing.
- The all-inclusive package includes dining, afternoon tea time, drinks, tea and coffee facilities in rooms, minibar, service, wellness, water sports, land activities, entertainment, taxes
- One child up to the age of 11 can be included free of charge on a bed and breakfast basis.
- All room rates are inclusive of taxes (inc VAT)
Kids Club: PLAY kids club offers daily programmes for those aged 3 to 11 with expert supervision and more than enough to keep young minds inspired. From Cake Boss decorating to Junk Art Gallery classes and even an outdoor Cinema Paradiso for movies under the stars – the only trouble you’ll have is tearing them away!
Teens Program: Teens aged between 12 and 17 have their own dedicated activities including beachvolley, slackline facing the lagoon, football, dancing with a live band, bonfire with marshmallows, stand-up paddle, teens dinner, waterski initiation, pool volleyball and waterpolo immerse themselves in island life.
So you are able to travel light, LUX* provides a wide range of in-room facilities plus amenities upon request including baby phones, sterilisers, bottle warmers, strollers and much more. With a comprehensive selection of baby foods and specially created kids menus to ensure everyone eats well – resort life at LUX* Grand Gaube means happy kids equals happy parents.
Babysitting: Children can either stay in their room with their babysitter or enjoy the facilities at PLAY kids club during opening hours. A babysitter can assist a maximum of two children less than 10 years old. In case of a baby or a toddler, the ratio is 1:1.
8:00 – 18:00 MUR 450 per hour
18:00 – 23:00 MUR 500 per hour (excluding transport fee)
23:00 – 08:00 MUR 700 per hour (excluding transport fee)
reservations should be made 24 hours in advance.
Mauritius knows two climates – summer and winter. Summer is from November to April and it can be considered as high season. Peak season in Mauritius is in December and January, these months are the hottest and most humid of the year and there is increased chance of cyclones during this time. In winter you will not have a lot of rainfall, because it is the dry season, however the temperatures stay below 30 degrees.
LUX* offers all meal plans from bed and breakfast, half board, full board, and all-inclusive. Activities like Water sports (non-motorized) and land activities are communicated on a weekly basis and are included during your stay.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
starting Room Rates in USD
Rates based on Double superior room on bed and breakfast basis and does not include festive winter period
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…