cool for young kids
the Low Down
Blessed with the best sunset of the island, life’s a beach a LUX* Le Morne, located on the tip of the island at the foot of Le Morne mountain, a UNESCO Heritage landmark. No more than a few steps separate your bed from the coconut palm-studded beach. Expect service with a smile, morning walks on the beach, freshly-caught sea urchin, hikes along the nearby trails of the Black River Gorges National Park, hours spent basking in the sun and frequent dips in the warm sea. Once indoors, enjoy the feel of solid wooden floors beneath your feet, as you breath in the scent of wild orchids drifting in on the gentle sea breeze. Every element of LUX* Le Morne is designed for simplicity and comfort, from the luxurious Sleep Tight beds to the elegant décor. Although ideal for couples, they’ve certainly made sure there’s always something for the whole family to enjoy with the vast array of unique activities on offer.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary 30 minutes spa selected treatment between 10am to 2pm (per person per stay) as well as room upgrade given subject to availability.
The Best Room For You
- Just a short trip away from the natural habitat of wild dolphins so you can watch and swim with them year round.
- A ‘Zero Food Waste’ Hotel * Le Morne is committed to eradicating food waste and raising awareness beyond its walls. Each month, 700 meals from the buffet leftovers are served to those in need. Any food scraps are taken to animal shelters across the country. All leftovers from the plates are distributed to animal shelters across the country and 1000 kg of organic waste is composted.
- With talcum-soft sands, soul-stirring sunsets and waves lapping gently at your feet, LUX* Le Morne is a picture-perfect spot for tying the knot.
- The beach offers perfect crystal-clear waters with no tides, natural protection from the surrounding winds and a specially reserved area for safe swimming and snorkelling. With stunning corals and fish just metres from the shore and of course famous LUX* service back on dry land with sunglass cleaning, face mists, a full range of snacks and drinks brought straight to your lounger.
- Each night they provide a pop-up bar experience on the beach so you can take your front row seats accompanied by the chilled tunes of our ‘Sax at Sunset’ player.
- LUX* Le Morne is a springboard into eye-opening hiking adventures, both on the rugged landscape of the peninsula and in Mauritius’ lush jungle interior. Three four-hour treks take in such sights as the Seven Cascades of the spectacular Tamarind Falls; the breath-taking waterfalls of Chamarel; and the untamed wilderness of Black River Gorges National Park, its emerald forests rich with rare plants and flowers, unique animals and colourful birdlife – many of them found nowhere else in the world.
- LUX* Le Morne is within swinging distance of two of the island’s most beautiful par-72 courses. Whether you’re a putting pro or a beginner keen to give golf a go for the first time, Resort Concierge Seeya will happily arrange kit hire and day trips to whichever course takes your fancy.
- LUX* Le Morne is always full of exciting things to do. Take to the sea with a dynamic range of complimentary water sports or explore the island with a number of leisurely and adrenalin-fuelled activities. The island is truly yours to explore.
- If you opt for all inclusive, at LUX* Le Morne, all-inclusive really does mean all. Including dining, afternoon tea time, drinks, tea and coffee facilities in rooms, minibar, service, wellness, water sports, land activities, entertainment, taxes and of course, all the quirks and special activities hosted by LUX*.
There are 149 rooms & suites all sea facing ranging from superior rooms overlooking the magnificent tropical landscaped gardens or get more space in one of the beachfront junior suites. All rooms have incredible views and some of the suites feature outdoor showers, whirlpools and private balconies.
Located on the south-west part of the island on Le Morne peninsula
- Getting there:
There resort is 60km away from the airport, a 75-minute drive you can take either taxi or arrange your own transfer.
- What to pack:
Aside from sun lotion, swimwear and your snazziest beach wear, restaurants have a dress code for smart chic in the evening, gents pack some trousers and closed toe shoes. Although there is no particular dress code during the day, guests are asked not to wear uncovered swimming attire in the restaurant during breakfast time and evening wear is smart casual after 6 pm and long trousers are required in the restaurants.
The Kitchen is LUX* Le Morne’s central restaurant, offering culinary creations designed to delight and inspire. Watch the chefs at work through open plan kitchens, feast on a lavishly prepared fresh buffet breakfast and join us for a sumptuous dinner complete with authentic local island entertainment. The beach at LUX* Le Morne, a spectacular spot, is transformed into an open-air Island Kitchen: take a seat at one of the elegant outdoor tables, shaded by coconut palms, and enjoy an al fresco dinner. Old wooden carts serve as interactive cooking stations where chefs cook up delicious seasonal delicacies. Gourmet Thai restaurant ‘East’ lets you Savour a taste of Thailand as you gaze out over the beautiful lagoon and Café LUX* has revolutionised the world of hotel coffee and offers guests the finest barista-made coffee, day or night.
The spa comprises of 4 double treatment rooms and 8 single, there is also a nail bar, hammam, sauna, infinity pool and salon. Services within the spa include facials, an incredible array of massages (including a specialised one for baby bumps!), wraps and scrubs.
- Signature activities:
Hike Le Morne Mountain: A hiking trip to the top of Le Morne Mountain is a must-do for some of the most spellbinding views on Mauritius. The exclusive tour uses licensed guides, the only ones on the island with the authorisation to take guests to the very summit. Upon departure you’re provided with a special LUX* backpack complete with a picnic box packed with homemade provisions made with ingredients you will actually see growing on the mountain during your hike. The pack also includes binoculars and covetable LUX* t-shirts incase you need to refresh en route.
Kitesurfing Le Morne: As the top-rated spot for kite surfing in Mauritius and the 5th best place in the world for this exciting adrenaline sport, LUX* Le Morne is perfectly located for all kitesurfing fans situated just 300 meters from the heart of the action. With their own on-site school and resident expert (the national champion of Russia), LUX* transportation car and the services of the ‘kite concierge’ – who will provide you with storage facilities and even arrange to have your kite airborne and ready to use upon arrival
An Exploration of the Wild West Coast: Discover the Great Mauritian Outdoors while helping with conservation efforts
Digital Detox for Romantics: Ditch your smartphone and embrace the Digitial Detox philosophy.
- Packages available are Bed & Breakfast, half board, full board or All inclusive
- The all-inclusive package includes dining, afternoon tea time, drinks, tea and coffee facilities in rooms, minibar, service, wellness, water sports, land activities, entertainment, taxes. Access to a special programme of food and drink activities, including Café LUX* latte art demonstrations, weekly poolside cocktail making, wine and B LUX* beer tasting at The Kitchen, complimentary Café LUX* pancakes every afternoon, weekly apertivo experiences. Complimentary use of transparent kayaks.
Evening beach bonfires with marshmallows and chocolate dip.
Nightly sunset canapés and Popcap sparkling wine on the beach, sound tracked by a saxophonist.
A professional portrait shot by LUX* Le Morne resident photographer.
A Junk Art workshop showing you how to create art and furniture from upcycled materials.
- One child up to the age of 11 can be included free of charge on a bed and breakfast basis.
- All room rates are inclusive of taxes (inc VAT)
Kids Club: PLAY offers children from 3 to 11 an opportunity to explore the many wonders and delights of island living. Supervised by a highly trained and enthusiastic team, kids are exposed to the nature and culture of the island’s incredible surrounds, as well as a range of high-energy sports and outdoor activities. From art classes to treasure hunts, PLAY is everything your kids could hope for on an island vacation.
Mauritius knows two climates – summer and winter. Summer is from November to April and it can be considered as high season. Peak season in Mauritius is in December and January, these months are the hottest and most humid of the year and there is increased chance of cyclones during this time. In winter you will not have a lot of rainfall, because it is the dry season, however the temperatures stay below 30 degrees.
Complimentary activities: windsurfing, pedal boat, kayak, sailing, dinghies, aquafit, snorkelling, glass-bottom boat, water-skiing, gym, beach volley, table tennis, bocci balls and tennis.
Chargeable: speedboat rides, scuba-diving, big-game fishing, mountain bikes and golf course close to the hotel
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
starting Room Rates in USD
Rates based on Double superior room on bed and breakfast basis and does not include festive winter period
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…