Exploring Ella and the nearby area
the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
complimentary experienceEach booking will receive complimentary sunset cocktails at the bungalow view point.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- The Demodera area is a region of tea estates, villages and valleys, and offers plenty of trails for exploring the locality and the views. These hill country panoramas can be enjoyed from the hotel, which also has a unique view of the Demodera Loop.
- This former estate manager’s bungalow, a nostalgic heritage home that is part of Ceylon’s tea story, has been elevated to a luxury four-bedroom bungalow.
- A eight kilometre trail takes you through tea estates to the Nine Arches Bridge, a picturesque viaduct, and the hotel looks down on the Demodera Loop. It takes just minutes to drive to Demodera Railway Station (or a little longer to walk there)
- It’s all-inclusive – all food, drink (including house spirits, wine & beers), afternoon tea, snacks and soft drinks are included in the rate
There are 4 large double bedrooms with four-poster king size beds and 1 twin bedroom. All rooms are equipped with custom designed furnishings and have an en suite bathroom with bathtub as well as a private veranda. The twin room has the option of interconnecting with a neighbouring double bedroom to make a Family Suite.
The bungalow is located in Demodera, a village in Sri Lanka’s south eastern Hill Country noted for its spectacular viaduct, the Nine Arch Railway Bridge, and a 360-degree loop in the track. Neighbouring Demodera, is Ella, a mountain village, revered for its waterfalls, landmark walks, far-reaching views and the legendary Ramayana mythology.
- Getting there:
You can drive up to the bungalow via car or alternatively travel by train through the scenic tea plantations and arrive at Demodera Train Station (1km from the Bungalow) and be picked up by the team.
- What to pack:
Light, summer clothes during the day, warm clothes for the cool nights, walking shoes for hikes.
The kitchen serves locally sourced, freshly cooked food. The butlers make you feel at home by mixing your favourite drinks, serving afternoon tea in the garden and gourmet meals in the cosy indoor dining room or outside on the veranda throughout the day. Rates are all inclusive, so expect to tuck into a hearty breakfast followed by a ‘Planter’s Lunch’ – a selection of daily curries – before moving onto afternoon tea and later, an a la carte dinner. Snacks and drinks, including your favourite tipples, best enjoyed beside the warm crackling fireplace of the comfortable sitting room, are also included in the daily rate.
- Signature Activities:
Treks and bicycle rides along the tea estates or try a Sri Lankan cookery demonstration in the garden.
- All rates are subject to 30.08% government taxes (VAT, NBT, TDL) & service charge.
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 2 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable. For ages 3-8, there is a supplement of USD 60 per child.
- All-inclusive basis which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited alcohol, juices, drinks and snacks
- Personal butler
- Free Wi-Fi
Rates also include a credit coupon of USD 50 per room that can be used for any in-house excursions.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…