the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive morning yoga on the pool deck (according to schedule) overlooking the Indian Ocean plus complimentary plus afternoon tea at the Edward Lear Drawing Room from 4 – 5:30 PM daily.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- The larger suites have their own kitchenettes and balcony overlooking the ocean.
- All ingredients are locally sourced and sustainably grown. The team use seasonal produce and seafood and also believe in employing local people.
- The hotel is perfectly positioned close to Sri Lanka’s best surf spots in Weligama, near the historic town of Galle and an abundance of fantastic restaurants and beach clubs.
- OTP Hotel is the proud sponsor of the Edward Lear Prize for Poetry at the Galle Literary Festival, promoting literature and creative writing amongst young Sri Lankans between 18 and 30 years of age.
- The hotel takes pride in supporting small Sri Lankan enterprises. The hotel features unique décor pieces from local artists as well as handcrafted furniture from local artisans.
- OTP Hotel also sells handmade dolls of owls and pussycats for charity. The proceeds are donated for the development of children’s libraries of underdeveloped communities of Sri Lanka.
Owl and The Pussycat Hotel offers 17 uniquely designed suites and rooms, distributed in 4 colourful buildings and ranged in 3 different floors: garden level, first floor and second floor. They feature 7 suite categories ranging from the one-bedroom suite and one bedroom rooms to the cutely named Suite E Pie, Suite Dreams, Suite Melodies, Suite Little Treats and the elegant Penthouse.
The hotel is located along Sri Lanka’s southern coast, in Thalpe.
- Getting there:
The hotel is a 20-minute tuk-tuk ride from the heritage town of Galle and takes 2 and a half hours by car from Colombo International Airport.
- What to pack:
Beachwear is key! Bring something casual yet chic for dinners under the stars
The Runcible Spoon, which is considered one of the best restaurants on the south coast, features contemporary Sri Lankan cuisine – they do an amazing Thali! The team can also arrange private cooking classes on request.
The waterfront spa pavilion features Sri Lankan therapies and treatments provided by local therapists using locally sourced ingredients.
- Signature Activities:
Private market walks and cooking class with the chefs.
- All rates are subject to 8% VAT & 10% Service Charge
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable.
Daily Breakfast at The Runcible Spoon (option to upgrade to half board and full board)
Free use of the swimming pool, gym
Complimentary yoga (according to schedule)
Complimentary high speed internet throughout the hotel.
Complimentary afternoon tea in the Edward Lear Drawing Room
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…