the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Complimentary experienceEach booking will receive a complimentary bottle of local wine and room upgrade subject to availability
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- A former rice factory situated amongst the rice fields provides an atmospheric “Lodge” feeling with open spaces and beautiful views
- Superbly comfortable beds which are huge – you may struggle to leave it!
- Excellent breakfast options – no buffet due to covid restrictions so all the deliciousness is brought to the table without you having to move a muscle
- Ideal for exploring nature and enjoying the surrounding greenery – hop on a bike and breathe in the fresh air
- The hotel is 3km from the nearest beach so you can walk, cycle or free shuttles are provided by the hotel
- Due to the climate it is a year-round destination and the hotel is perfect for all seasons – in the winter you can cozy up by the fire
Quinta da Comporta’s rooms are inspired by Comporta’s traditional houses and connected to nature and every room is blessed with breathtaking views. Nestled in a privileged location within the property, Quinta da Comporta’s four exclusive Pool Villas – 3 Bedrooms are perfect for families and friends looking for a private home. The Townhouses (one or two bedrooms) are gorgeously decorated and spacious for couples seeking privacy or larger groups. Deluxe rooms for couples or solo travelers are also available facing the stunning gardens. They possess a unique architectural headboard which elevates the generously oversized bedroom with floor to ceiling windows that give passage to an exclusive terrace. The spacious bathroom opens up to a private outside patio, perfect for experiencing the natural surroundings.
Located in Comporta on a coast of infinite white sand beaches between acres of pine trees and lush green rice fields- one hour south of Lisbon.
The best place to touch down is Lisbon’s Humberto Delgado Airport. It takes around an hour to drive from there to the hotel; private transfers can be arranged for €185 each way.
The closest station is Grandola, which can be reached from Lisbon Entrecampos in just over an hour. From there, it takes around 25 minutes to drive to the hotel (staff can book you a local taxi for €50).
What to pack:
Swimsuit, sun cream, beach sandals, hat, your camera, riding pants
Mar d’ Arrozal: from the sea to the land and a farm to table approach, Mar d’Arrozal offers bio and fresh produce that is locally sourced, as well as harvested at their in-house horta (vegetable garden), to provide an authentic and local culinary adventure.
Inspired by nature and the slow-living lifestyle that defines Comporta, Oryza Spa combines the health benefits of the finest natural ingredients such as rice (using their own line of Rizo Therapy products, Oryza LAB) with the power of aromatherapy through tailor-made blends of essential oils, to empower well-being and invite you to retreat inwards.
There are regular yoga retreats throughout the year as this is a truly perfect location to get your zen on. Alternatively, there are electric bikes available so you can ride through the rice fields as well as horseback riding on the beach. Surfing is also available at the nearby beaches at certain times of the year.
- All rates are inclusive of taxes
- Bed and breakfast is included in all rates
- Guests receive a welcome ritual upon arrival and turn down ritual
- There is free cancellation up to 7 days prior to arrival date
- Kids Club: there is no kids club available
- Babysitting: can be arranged upon request for an additional fee
Morning yoga classes (subject to availability)
Sun beds at Pêgo beach (subject to availability)
Access to outdoor heated infinity pool
Access to Oryza Spa facilities for over 18’s only.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Average Room Rates in USD
Rates based on double occupancy bed and breakfast in deluxe room including taxes
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…