Best For teen travel
the Low Down
Nestled in the Aravalli Hills of the Udaipur area, RAAS Devigarh, an 18th century palace, holds a commanding position over one of the three main passes into its valley. Offering outstanding heritage that has been transformed into one of the best five star hotels in Rajasthan, this hotel is much more than just a place to stay – it is a testament to the beauty and charm of old-world Rajputana, showcasing an array of decorative styles and landscaped gardens. The palace was restored to its former glory in 1999 and converted into an all-suite luxury hotel. The modern, minimalist design of its interior juxtaposes with the ancient and ornate architecture of its exterior. The hotel offers a wide range of recreational activities, both indoors and outdoors and suitable for all ages. There are guided excursions beyond the palace available for those who wish to explore the area promising to take you on memorable journeys through Rajasthan’s rich cultural history.
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary guided village walk through centuries old villages of Majera , Rathunjana, and Mangatla. Taste one of the best masala teas from a traditional village tea stall in a clay teacup and take a peek at the farmer’s life and their worlds.
The Best Room For You
- The palace fortress, as it can be seen today, tells the tale of its brave and loyal benefactors and with the coming of the modern era, it has been transformed into one of the most spectacular luxury travel destinations of the region
- The hotel uses Altered Nozzle in all their taps – this saves up to 98% of water used throughout the property
- The team grow their own herbs and vegetables in the sustainable roof top organic garden
- Room Service is available 24/7; if you should desire anything, the team are on hand
- The spa offers a range of treatments and experiences to boost your health using the purest of ingredients and includes medicinal herbal teas
- The Roof Top Restaurant gives you a unique vantage point over Delwara village and the region of Rajasthan – it is a memorable venue for lunch, dinner, or just to raise a glass to the good life
All 39 suites have spectacular views of either the valley, the courtyard, the gardens or surrounding fields. They are centrally air-conditioned, have overhead fans, hairdryers and attached bathrooms with double basins. The rooms are exquisitely decorated, predominantly in white marble and with spots of color reflecting the rich colors seen throughout Rajasthan. On account of the building not being purpose built, all rooms vary in shape, size and design and are scattered around the building on various floors.
A stunning hilltop fort-palace which is more than 250 years old, this hotel has been beautifully restored to offer a beautiful building with spacious gardens and superb views, overlooking the surrounding hills and village below. The palace is situated in the heart of the countryside, just north of Udaipur.
- Getting there:
Jump on a FlyDubai flight from Dubai to Udaipur. From there, the hotel is a 1-hour car journey.
- What to pack:
Comfortable, light clothes plus shoes for walking.
There is one restaurant and two bars which are beautifully decorated, light and airy, overlooking the pool and distant hills offering Indian, Continental and Oriental cuisine. The hotel offers a buffet, table d’hôte and a-la-carte dining. It is also possible to order snacks by the pool or on the open-air terrace overlooking the pool. Room service is readily available and private dinners can be arranged almost anywhere in the Palace – you just name your place and time and the table will be set up for you.
There is a spa on site offering a range of fantastic Ayurveda therapies and treatments.
- Signature Activities:
Try the Palace Walk. Strategically placed on top of a hill in the Aravalli Range, the Devigarh Palace overlooks the village of Delwara. Its construction was completed in the year 1760, under the reign of Rajrana Sajja Singh II. The palace was originally built using locally mined marble, a practice that was followed once again during its restoration.
- All rates are subject to 28% VAT and Service Charge
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 8 years old when sharing the adult’s room. Accommodation is complimentary when sharing with parents or another adult – meals and transfers and other services are chargeable.
- Kids Club: There is no kids club but there is the Silver Lounge, where families can play board games and watch their favourite movies
- Babysitting: Babysitting is available on request and is chargeable at INR 500 + taxes per hour.
- Daily breakfast
- Daily complimentary yoga
- One Complimentary Village Walk
- Scheduled Palace Walk
- Rajasthan has some major climactic fluctuations. During December, January and February, it can be cold in the mornings and evenings and warm clothes are necessary at these times. During the daytime it is lovely, warm and sunny. March and April gets hot and it begins to get humid in May and June and temperatures can rise to an intense and uncomfortable heat. The monsoon breaks in July and lasts until September. October and November are still warm but not cold or wet. The best time to visit is from October to early April. It is generally a dry heat with very little humidity.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…