epic for all ages
the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a complimentary safari.
The Best Room For You
- Singita Sasakwa Lodge offers an expansive swimming pool next to the main house in addition to private infinity pools at each cottage and at the private villa.
- Sasakwa Lodge provides guests with a front-row seat to the prolific wildlife in the 350,000-acre Singita Grumeti Reserve in the Serengeti.
- Singita’s twice-daily game drives present the opportunity for intimate connections with nature and discovering the raw beauty of the continent’s most magnificent creatures up close. Each tailormade exploration with your personal Field Guide celebrates the freedom to spend unfiltered time in wide-open spaces and while no two Singita game drives are ever the same, you are bound to be enchanted by vivid encounters with Africa’s most iconic wildlife.
- The ever-changing tapestry of the Great Serengeti; see the migration privately and experience millions of animals in the most wonderful wilderness spectacle on earth.
Striking the perfect balance between casual luxury and sophisticated elegance, it features a grand entrance, wraparound verandas, silver candelabras and coveted antiques, as well as bespoke décor elements such as local artefacts and tribal cushions. You can choose from one-bedroom luxury villa suites, luxury cottage suites and private villas.
The Sasakwa Lodge is in a private reserve called the Singita Grumeti Reserve in the Serengeti.
- Getting there:
The Sasakwa Lodge is near the Sasakwa airstrip, where scheduled flights arrive regularly from major airports via the Tanzanian city of Arusha. For guests who prefer to drive, Arusha is your recommended start location at approximately eight hours from the camp.
- What to pack:
Given the ease of daily complimentary laundry service you do not need to pack much. The camps are informal and guests are requested to dress comfortably for the season and adventure ahead.
The wine and food experience at Sasakwa is a high-calibre experience with classic East African dishes paired alongside the finest from the award-winning Singita cellars. All meals & fine wines are inclusive of our safari packages.
At Singita, the enduring purpose to restore the land and its wildlife extends to offering healing experiences to the guests at every touchpoint. The dedicated treatments in the massage spaces tap into the profound benefits of indigenous wisdoms and essential oils that relax, replenish and revive. Each tailor-made therapy can be customised and timed to preference, ensuring a completely personalised experience.
- Signature Activities:
Safari of every sort – make sure you make the most of your daily game drives!
Rate is nett and non-commissionable
Rate includes meals & accommodation
Rate excludes all scheduled safari activities
Private Field Guides wishing to accompany their guests on safari activities must pre-book a private vehicle at an additional cost
Rate excludes the Tourism & Conservation Levy at Singita Pamushana, Singita Volcanoes National Park and Singita Serengeti where applicable; the Government of Tanzania Wildlife Fee at Singita Grumeti and the National Park Fee at Singita Lamai, as stipulated
Infants under the age of 2 years stay free of charge.
Children aged 2-16 years stay at 50% of the adult rate when sharing with either one adult or child.
A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Kids Club: There is no kids club but the resort offers a Singita’s Mini Game Rangers’ Course. This specially crafted, fun-filled course teaches young explorers everything from outdoor survival and animal tracking skills to more about the wonders of astronomy and the secrets of tree and bird identification. Children’s activities offered at the lodge include:
Cooking interactions, boardgames, stargazing, Bush walks (minimum age 16) Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes, arts & crafts
East Africa is equatorial so the climate is fairly constant and it is a year-round destination. Tanzania has a light rain season from November to March known as the Green Season. This period is known as the ‘short rains’, often no more than a quick downpour each day, followed by clear sunshine. From December to March the weather becomes increasingly warmer with the ‘long rains’ occurring between April and May.
- All meals and beverages (excluding French Champagne)
- Private guide, house host, chef and house staff
- Private open Land Rover safaris (1 vehicle for up to 8 guests)
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and the lodges
- Telephone calls
- Laundry service
- Wildlife/park fee
- Tourism Development Levy
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Certain specific food items
- Additional vehicle (available on request at an additional charge).
- Transport to and from Singita Grumeti or Singita Lamai.
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…