the Low Down
the Peaks Promise
Each booking will receive a 15 minute head massage for one.
the Peaks Purse
The Best Room For You
- Heritage location: Galle Fort’s historic sights, streets and ramparts are right on your doorstep
- Refreshing, contemporary interiors: The structure is historic yet the interiors have been beautifully reinvented for the contemporary traveller
- Superb spa: A lovely little spa for relaxing beauty and wellness treatments
- Delicious food: The Church Street Social is a popular local venue for international all-day dining (and it’s air-conditioned too!).
Fifteen luxuriously appointed Bazaar and Banyan bedrooms radiate off a peaceful flagstone-tiled courtyard shaded by an age-old Banyan tree, quietly cosseting guests with king-sized four-poster Balinese beds, air conditioning, cable televisions, artisanal coffee machines and en suite shower rooms. The three Upper Suites are more decadent chambers which also have lounge areas, dressing rooms, freestanding bathtubs and fort-view terraces. Families could opt for interconnecting Banyan or Bazaar Bedrooms or the split level Upper Family Suite.
Galle’s old town, is one of Sri Lanka’s great monuments to the island’s rich history. Each of Galle Fort’s narrow streets, lined with evocative centuries-old villas, atmospheric churches and ochre spice warehouses, recounts the past. The Fort Bazaar is superbly positioned within footsteps of prime Galle Fort sights and shops.
The hotel is best reached by car and is situated on the coast, two hours from Colombo airport.
Light, summer clothes and walking shoes for exploring Galle Fort.
The Church Street Social is Galle Fort’s most vibrant wining and dining venue, attracting both in-house guests and walk-ins with a convivial, buzzy vibe. The contemporary design-led setting, infused with classic twists to reflect the history of the locale and its Arabic influencers, is reflected in the gourmet dishes, which feature elements of traditional Moroccan, Turkish and Middle Eastern cuisine. The menus include tapas for savouring dishes sociably amongst friends, and rustic family-style sharing platters of quality imported cold meats, cheese, homemade pickles, pâtés and dips.
Z Spa has three air-conditioned single treatment rooms quietly tucked into the back of the hotel, two of which have steam showers in their bathrooms. The collection of treatments includes signature massages, scrubs and wraps, facials, manicures, pedicures and steam sessions, and each treatment can be tailored to suit your individual needs.
Try your hand at a Sri Lankan cookery demonstration, take a walk around Galle Fort City Walk or relax during a rejuvenating spa treatment.
- All rates are subject to 30.08% government taxes (VAT, NBT, TDL) & service charge.
- The hotel can accommodate a maximum of 2 children up to 2 years old when sharing the adult’s room. For ages 3-8, although there is a supplement of USD 60 per child.
Interconnecting rooms and baby cots are available. Babysitting services are avaiable for US$10 an hour (a minimum four hours must be booked); request the service two days in advance. The restaurant has children’s menus and highchairs.
- Bed & Breakfast basis and upgrade to Half board or Full board via a supplement
- Free Wi-Fi
- Personalised service
- Complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar
- Complimentary afternoon tea
Average Temperature & Rainfall in Days
Peaked your interest?
So, you want to be part of The Peaks?
We can’t wait to have you onboard! As you know, The Peaks is all about making personalised travel more accessible and affordable, giving you the opportunity to explore the world. For a limited time only, our membership is COMPLETELY FREE
so subscribe today and gain access to complimentary experiences and credit to enjoy at some of the world’s most bespoke, beautiful and boutique hotels complete with amazing rates and so much more…